Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #451 of 1,058
Yes there are 3 exclusive voice recordings of VA's of Sakura, Rin and Saber, but they are like 30 seconds long so they are nothing special.

I think theres special cover art for those as well. Like you said, not deal breaker or deal maker but still cool

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #452 of 1,058
I think theres special cover art for those as well. Like you said, not deal breaker or deal maker but still cool
Yeah definitely nice to have as a collection but I just moved them out of my device after a few listen haha. How are you liking yours so far? Are you using the stock case? I kind of don't want to ruin the off white case, thinking of getting the black one..

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #453 of 1,058
Mine is actually 1 or 2 days away from my house. I was just on here for fun. I can report back in a week or 2. I planned to use it with the case but i guess the white will dirty/wear away, so im not too sure. Its gonna be my daily player so hopefully nothing too bad happens. I take pretty decent care of my things so i'll have to see how the stuff hold up. It is a collectible, but that shouldnt mean it cant withstand daily usage... or at least i hope not. my first AK player too so not even sure what to expect.

Came from a fiio x5ii and that thing was virtually indestructible so hopefully ill keep in mind to be a bit more careful with the AK70 :upside_down:

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #455 of 1,058
thanks for the reply, still on the fence on whether i should buy this.i have stop using dap a while ago but a fate stay night exclusive dap is hard to pass up.haha

I absolutely agree. I wasnt that big of a fan of DAPs but after owning one (the x5ii) it really changed my outlook and imo daps are def worth it for me. Now the Fate SN HF is 1000USD or ~1200 CAD for me, thats much harder to justify at that price compared to the 200 CAD i spent on the fiio. I'll have to see/hear once i get it and have a chance to listen. Im almost certain the "upgrade" isnt worth 1000 CAD but it looks so gorgeous and i really like the fate series.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #456 of 1,058
Mine is actually 1 or 2 days away from my house. I was just on here for fun. I can report back in a week or 2. I planned to use it with the case but i guess the white will dirty/wear away, so im not too sure. Its gonna be my daily player so hopefully nothing too bad happens. I take pretty decent care of my things so i'll have to see how the stuff hold up. It is a collectible, but that shouldnt mean it cant withstand daily usage... or at least i hope not. my first AK player too so not even sure what to expect.

Came from a fiio x5ii and that thing was virtually indestructible so hopefully ill keep in mind to be a bit more careful with the AK70 :upside_down:
Yeah same man pretty much on the exact same boat as you, right now I think a separate case would be the way to go just because the included case is so nice.
I think I saw your comment on reddit as well, my fiio was also indestructable lol, but that thing was 200 bucks so I kinda just treated it quite roughly after the first half a year of owning it, I don't think I will do the same for the ak70 tho..

thanks for the reply, still on the fence on whether i should buy this.i have stop using dap a while ago but a fate stay night exclusive dap is hard to pass up.haha

If you like the series you should definitely consider it, especially coz a collab like this is one of a kind haha, the units are going quick too, some place have already sold out..

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #457 of 1,058
AK70 UI is far better than the Jr. No difference between the AK70 and the AK70II

Thanks! That’s good to hear. Is the album art thing fixed. Kind of annoying to have only have some of my album art show up and then sometimes not all the songs on an album.

Again, if anyone knows about the power for tougher to drive headphones I’d love to know. Last thing I want to do is buy this and need an amp. If I do I’ll get a much cheaper unit as a transport.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #458 of 1,058
Thanks! That’s good to hear. Is the album art thing fixed. Kind of annoying to have only have my album art show up and then sometimes not all the songs on an album.

Again, if anyone knows about the power for tougher to drive headphones I’d love to know. Last thing I want to do is buy this and need an amp. If I do I’ll get a much cheaper unit as a transport.

I can find out for you once i get mine.

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #459 of 1,058
Thanks. I know that with the ak jr it would only accept jpegs as album art and not png. But I still have a few albums where the art isn’t on all tracks.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #460 of 1,058
I have yet to test them with my HD800's because I lost my 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter :frowning2:

However, mine came with a weird looking scrape on the left side... Had some classical music on it too that wasnt mine on the internal memory. Good songs but I feel like this wasnt a brand new unit?? The backplate (very awesome artwork) was "loose" and had a lot of play hear the volume knob (+/- 1 or 2 mm that I can push in with minimal force). The volume knob was pretty wobbly too, also +/- 1 or 2 mm play. Despite the full metal body, these 2 points make it feel a bit flimsy and quite cheap.

Very hissy with my Andromedas in both balanced and less so in 3.5mm mode. Very audible in both, I would have to turn the volume above moderate for it to be "unnoticeable". No matter what, in quieter songs or silent parts of songs the hiss will rear its ugly head.

Considering I spent 1200$CAD (~1000USD) for these bad boys, I was pretty let down.

On the bright side, the Fate/Stay Night : Heaven's Feel Limited Edition looks ****ing gorgeous. If anyone has the regular AK70 II who also has a pair of Andromedas report back with hissiness or anything I've mentioned that would be super appreciated.

I want to find out if maybe if I received a defective unit or just got insanely unlucky...

Thanks in advance.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #461 of 1,058
Thanks! That’s good to hear. Is the album art thing fixed. Kind of annoying to have only have some of my album art show up and then sometimes not all the songs on an album.

I've had no issues at all with album art on the AK70 or the MkII - but did with the Jr.

Can't really comment on the headphones... don't think Shure 535s are particularly hard to drive.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #462 of 1,058
Thanks for the reply. I think I got a better handle on the numbers and will get a balanced cable to take advantage of the extra power.
Looking forward to getting one of these!

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #464 of 1,058
Got my AK70mk2 Limited Edition Fate Stay Night

https://imgur.com/a/YnPF1

VWPbudVm.png

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #465 of 1,058

Users who are viewing this thread

Back