Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp
Feb 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #256 of 359
Something more powerful maybe?

Sorry for being off topic. Last question, what specs should I be looking out for in an amp to make sure the Mad Dogs have enough power and not for iem to hiss? Thanks a lot

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #257 of 359
Sorry for being off topic. Last question, what specs should I be looking out for in an amp to make sure the Mad Dogs have enough power and not for iem to hiss? Thanks a lot

I am not sure what's Mad Dog's impedance but you want to make sure the amp' output power is as high as possible at that impedance. Something above 300mW~500mW should power the Mad Dogs well I believe

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #259 of 359
****. I don't have the USB cable and I can't use my AK10. I can't charge the AK10 via android or iphone. What!!!! Beyer hasn't been responding to my emails regarding a replacement cable.

Took that* long for them? @.@ have you tried sending another email to them? I have heard companies who read messages from top to bottom not bottom to top. As in they read from most recent to oldest

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #264 of 359
Does this fit with a apple 3 gs?

At the moment the cable is only for iPhones with Lighning connectors, in other words iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, though I read somewhere they are coming out with a 30-pin for iDevices like the 3GS.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #265 of 359
You can use the USB cable, but you'll need the 30-pin USB Camera Connector from Apple, and you have to be running iOS 7 as well. I tried it with my iPhone 4S, and the iPad2, they work. But just be careful, power up the AK10 before you connect them up, otherwise your iDevice may freeze up.

The Lightning connector also works with the iPad mini, as well as the iPod Touch 5th gen obviously.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #266 of 359
Firmware update for Mac two weeks ago http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1095

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #267 of 359
Nice job Beyer. Way to ignore my email 3 times. 3 times to beyer USA, 1 time to beyer germany. Whoa. They must hate me.

Was your unit brand new and sealed on both ends of the box? See my unboxing video. You have the Beyer version A200p right?

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #268 of 359

Nice job Beyer. Way to ignore my email 3 times. 3 times to beyer USA, 1 time to beyer germany. Whoa. They must hate me.

Was your unit brand new and sealed on both ends of the box? See my unboxing video. You have the Beyer version A200p right?

I got mine used, so I'm pissed at the seller, but what can I do. The seller is long away. I'm sure the USB cable was included at first. I'm just looking for a replacement.
Beyer did contact me back, but I feel like it'd be easier to just get a replacement from iRiver when I'm in Korea.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #269 of 359
W
Firmware update for Mac two weeks ago http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?dNum=1095
So I've done the update but I'm not sure how to take advantage of it using the Onkyo HF player on my iPhone 5S :frowning2:

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #270 of 359
W
So I've done the update but I'm not sure how to take advantage of it using the Onkyo HF player on my iPhone 5S :frowning2:

Okay, after a bit more fiddling around my 44.1 KHz MP3 music files are up sampled to 48 KHz and the output on the Onkyo HF player app shows 96 KHz PCM. What does this mean? In plain English?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back