Astell&Kern AK T5p (AKT5p) Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #106 of 130
  Is there a replacement for the 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter that comes with the product? I've been looking everywhere... I believe it is 2.5mm 4 pole to 3.5mm 3 pole. Is this adapter/converter only available directly from A&K?

I was wondering the same thing and found this:

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/Norne-Hyper-Short-Adapter-AK240-Astell-and-Kern-2-5-mm-4-pole-trrs-3-5-mm-1-8-rhodium

Expensive though. I'm tempted to buy some connectors and make my own.

There's also this, but I don't think it would work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00KCJNQDW/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NK64VVXVJ7KT6BY47EZC

-Mark. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #107 of 130
Hi! I’m interested in purchasing them, but i worried about isolation level compared to original t5p. T5p 2nd generation sound leakage problem is comparable to ak2p. I'm going to use them outdoor and in particularly in the subway.
Sorry for my poor English)

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #108 of 130
  Hi! I’m interested in purchasing them, but i worried about isolation level compared to original t5p. T5p 2nd generation sound leakage problem is comparable to ak2p. I'm going to use them outdoor and in particularly in the subway.
Sorry for my poor English)

I own the AK T5p and the T5p gen 2. They are practically identical. The biggest differences are in the pads and the cables. There isn't really any difference in sound leakage between them, and I don't suppose the gen 1 is much different either.

-Mark.

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #109 of 130
Thanks a lot Andersen for your brave picture of the AK T5P driver, that's encouraging and great work by Astell and Kern to use them 
biggrin.gif

I recently bought a pair, I look forward to hearing them.
I now own the Beyerdynamic DTX 101, DT 990 Premium 600ohm, T90, T1 modded and the T70P.
God help me, I really like their Tesla drivers 
smily_headphones1.gif

They are extremely well made and of very high quality 
cool.gif

But I'm considering using Beyerdynamic velour earpads as I don't like leather (synthetic or genuine) earpads...

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #110 of 130
PEOPLE!!!
IF ANYONE EVER LOST THEIR OFFICIAL ASTELL AND KERN BALANCED TRRS 2.5MM TO 3.5MM ADAPTOR CABLE FOR THE AK T5P THEN FEAR NOT!
After contacting Astell and Kern they said they don't sell or offer the spare part.
So I bought a cheap unbalanced 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, sound only came out of the right driver.
So then I bought a gold-plated 4 pole 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, the same thing happened. Sound only comes out from the right ear cup.
Finally I bought a FiiO L26 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm TRRS Female Audio Adaptor Cable, AND IT WORKS!!!
Joy of joys, bring on the lossless music : )

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #114 of 130
I heard that this headphone is discontinued ! :triportsad: is it correct ? where could I get it in Europe ?

what other closed back headphone, with 2,5 mm balanced plug, can be recommended for an Astell & Kern AK70 mk2 ?

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #116 of 130
I heard that this headphone is discontinued ! :triportsad: is it correct ? where could I get it in Europe ?

what other closed back headphone, with 2,5 mm balanced plug, can be recommended for an Astell & Kern AK70 mk2 ?
Shame no one had already answered your question and left a link to the best deal there is out there, don't look for it now you might find it.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #117 of 130
Shame no one had already answered your question and left a link to the best deal there is out there, don't look for it now you might find it.

Well the Link that was posted was to a very good deal indeed but... shipping from USA, not from Europe.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #119 of 130
The shipping is from europe, the UK. Heres some more of what it says. The tel no is london based by the way.

contact-us.png
020 8813 7666

Opening times

FREE Delivery to Mainland UK
Thanks a lot. It is my mistake, I thought it was US based, but.... I called them this morning and they do not have any more the T5P in stock ! ;-(

But... they have the AK T1P in stock ! besides being open back, how the AK T1P compares to the AK T5P ? is it as good or better?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #120 of 130
Thanks a lot. It is my mistake, I thought it was US based, but.... I called them this morning and they do not have any more the T5P in stock ! ;-(

But... they have the AK T1P in stock ! besides being open back, how the AK T1P compares to the AK T5P ? is it as good or better?

Check out Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Astell-Kern-...pID=413xv8aDC8L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back