Astell&Kern AK T5p (AKT5p) Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #16 of 130
  ^ I read your review. I didn't find it overly helpful or clear for someone who doesn't use an AK dap or doesn't use balanced. You didn't comment on how they sound balanced vs unbalanced. You didn't say if you used the AK EQ for the review. You didn't comment on how they sound with and without the AK EQ.

The only time when they were run balanced was when they were run on the AK100II (as mentioned in the review). 

I found the AK EQ the "finishing touch" with the AK100II, but as many don't own AK players, I didn't want to dwell too much on it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #20 of 130
i might be in the market of getting a new cans and since i own ak120ii my eye is on it. I used to own T51p and heard original T5P but didn't like the sound signature of the tesla drivers I found them cold and dry sounding but many refers AKT5P is different than the rest.

Any comparison against warmer cans like LCD 2/ or X or HD 650 ? This will be very helpful.

May 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 130
My grain of salt: On the RWAK240+ on the balanced output, some songs sound more "warmer" with the EQ on, on other songs I can't notice any change.
Too early to tell, but I think I like them better without the EQ.

Compared to LCD-XC, I love the XC, I think they are good complement for each other, the XCs with far more bass punch, the T5s more "accurate" if you may.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #24 of 130
It doesn't look like this thread has been too active lately, but I'd really appreciate it if any of the owners could: 1) compare the AKT5Ps to some well-known sound signatures when just used unbalanced from a non-AK source and, 2) compare the AKT5P to the regular T5P.  I'm potentially interested in buying one or the other, but do not have the luxury of auditioning them.

I've already read the Headphone Guru review by Macedonian Hero---Thanks for that one!

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 130
  It doesn't look like this thread has been too active lately, but I'd really appreciate it if any of the owners could: 1) compare the AKT5Ps to some well-known sound signatures when just used unbalanced from a non-AK source and, 2) compare the AKT5P to the regular T5P.  I'm potentially interested in buying one or the other, but do not have the luxury of auditioning them.

I've already read the Headphone Guru review by Macedonian Hero---Thanks for that one!

Thanks! I think the AKT5p's are very under-rated around here. 

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #29 of 130
I discovered the AKT5p at the 2015 KL International AV festival.

After taking them for a spin on my ponoplayer, AK240 and AK380, I bought it. I've been hunting for over ear headphones for more than 2 years now and the AKT5p has it all and then some (when balanced).

I am making my own custom cable just so it can run balanced on my ponoplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back