Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Apr 11, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #272 of 621
That confirms what I suspected. A&K devices operating system is based on Android. So a folder or a file starting with a dot will be hidden by the system, and thus won't be indexed in the database and won't be available in the player.

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #273 of 621
My estimate from the first days has become
in the next weeks clearly confirmed .
The CA1000 with the HD 800S is a Dream Team for me :relaxed:

D4AD55DC-0996-465D-8CC7-7653EE39C633.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #275 of 621
How many hours of burn in do you have? My ACRO sounds a bit metallic, so I decided to sell it here. Is it maybe the „house sound“ of Astell & Kern?
I've the set a few days without hearing
let play , and in total it is expected to reach about 150 to 200 hours .
In me, rather the opposite of metallic is the case , was surprised how
clear and balanced the HD800S plays with the CA1000 in heights ,
and dynamic and powerful in bass , Equally very natural sounding voices ,
and with this wide spaciousness that makes the HD800S so special .

Audiophile Greetings , Nomos

Apr 16, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #276 of 621
CA1000 can handle Abyss 1266 TC quite well, compering to SP2000 when it needs almost full volume like 130 or more, there is still more room even on high gain on CA.
They are quite similar not like KAAN Alpha which was almost night and day difference to SP2000. Still old flagship is better, more musical deeper soundstage,
in comparison CA1000 sound stage sounds congested, which is not the case when your don’t compare them to each other. Tonality is quite similar, bit more highs on CA1000,
a little bit more lowest bas on SP2000, voices are put closer on CA1000. For me SP2000 is more musical and tonal right, while CA1000 is brighter, but not bright, very good player with a lot more possibilities, can be used as streamer, headphone amplifier or source for active speakers etc.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #277 of 621
Not to forget the possibility of everything important per
large tablet screen to operate when the CA1000 used
as a Roon endpoint. Including a versatile and powerful
EQ and change on the tablet .

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #278 of 621
I am not sure if this is bug, but it looks like CA1000 hangs for around 20-30 seconds when setting album view, it is not responding for this time and then it start to show albums view and hangs again for some time when using this view. 1TB microsc loaded with quite a few albums. Did anyone notice this issue?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #279 of 621
I am not sure if this is bug, but it looks like CA1000 hangs for around 20-30 seconds when setting album view, it is not responding for this time and then it start to show albums view and hangs again for some time when using this view. 1TB microsc loaded with quite a few albums. Did anyone notice this issue?
On current firmware. have over 200GB of music on microSD card. Album view loads quickly for me, no delays.

It could be a bad indexing of files or an unsupported file format is on the card, which would cause issues. I would recommend trying a manual media scan to see if that fixes the issue. A manual media scan will rescan and reindex all your files. To perform a manual media scan - Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan.

Make sure the "Clear Playlists" box IS NOT CHECKED.

It can take up to 15 - 20 minutes for a full manual scan depending on how many files you have.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #280 of 621
On current firmware. have over 200GB of music on microSD card. Album view loads quickly for me, no delays.

It could be a bad indexing of files or an unsupported file format is on the card, which would cause issues. I would recommend trying a manual media scan to see if that fixes the issue. A manual media scan will rescan and reindex all your files. To perform a manual media scan - Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan.

Make sure the "Clear Playlists" box IS NOT CHECKED.

It can take up to 15 - 20 minutes for a full manual scan depending on how many files you have.
Thanks I will check manual media scan. I am using 1TB microsdxc card with more then 800GB of music.

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #283 of 621
Thank you for the update. I will pass this onto the dev team to look into.
Additional information, with 512GB card is working better, but there is still few second delay before albums start to show up on the screen. No such issue on SP2000.
And maybe some comment regarding sound it is getting better with time it is used:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back