Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
May 9, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #2,341 of 4,091
Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #2,342 of 4,091
I think Damz had the blue as well. I ordered gray when they first came out. Both are sexy... I posted pictures here a while ago. I will see if I can find them. I can't remember but I think I ordered from Accessory Jack.
I've got the Grey on the black sp3k SS (looks great with the Ragnar and Magnus cable) and going to pair the new CU with the blue dignis and UM indigo with Ode to Laura. Great combinations and perfect aesthetic matches.

Ordered directly from dignis to US without issues.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #2,344 of 4,091
I've got the Grey on the black sp3k SS (looks great with the Ragnar and Magnus cable) and going to pair the new CU with the blue dignis and UM indigo with Ode to Laura. Great combinations and perfect aesthetic matches.

Ordered directly from dignis to US without issues.

The blue Dignis Alcantara and SP3K Cu do indeed pair up nicely :)

IMG_5527.jpeg

May 10, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #2,347 of 4,091
May 11, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #2,350 of 4,091
Hello everybody

I read your comments in this thread from the beginning, but it's the first time I write. Currently, I am very happy with the sound that this combo gives me:

Astell&Kern SP3K
Odyssey
Effect Audio Eros S cable (that little silver dot suits the Odysseys very well)
Dignis Alcantara ‘Dark Grey’ case

I only have one problem since its purchase and it has not solved any firmware released so far: I have constant problems when putting music on my 'SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB MicroSDXC' card (formatted by DAP itself and in perfect condition). This is not the case in the internal memory of the DAP, which does not give me any problem.
In fact, in order not to constantly remove and insert the DAP card and transfer the files directly from my iMac, I have already opted to do it in two steps: transfer the music files to the internal memory of the DAP, and from there, transfer it to the MicroSD card. Tedious but effective.

I'm not giving up hope that a new firmware version will fix it because it's clear that the SP3000 doesn't play very well with some 1TB MicroSD cards, and they're not exactly cheap.

Best Regards from Spain :sunglasses:

IMG-9569.jpg
IMG-9574.jpg

May 11, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #2,351 of 4,091
Hello everybody

I read your comments in this thread from the beginning, but it's the first time I write. Currently, I am very happy with the sound that this combo gives me:

Astell&Kern SP3K
Odyssey
Effect Audio Eros S cable (that little silver dot suits the Odysseys very well)
Dignis Alcantara ‘Dark Grey’ case

I only have one problem since its purchase and it has not solved any firmware released so far: I have constant problems when putting music on my 'SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB MicroSDXC' card (formatted by DAP itself and in perfect condition). This is not the case in the internal memory of the DAP, which does not give me any problem.
In fact, in order not to constantly remove and insert the DAP card and transfer the files directly from my iMac, I have already opted to do it in two steps: transfer the music files to the internal memory of the DAP, and from there, transfer it to the MicroSD card. Tedious but effective.

I'm not giving up hope that a new firmware version will fix it because it's clear that the SP3000 doesn't play very well with some 1TB MicroSD cards, and they're not exactly cheap.

Best Regards from Spain :sunglasses:

IMG-9569.jpg
IMG-9574.jpg

imo asking file transfers, formatting cards, writing/deleting and file managing on a dap (totl
daps included) is already asking too much from it. i personally take the card out once every now and then to update it. so far no problems. i also have a tb card.

May 11, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #2,352 of 4,091
imo asking file transfers, formatting cards, writing/deleting and file managing on a dap (totl
daps included) is already asking too much from it. i personally take the card out once every now and then to update it. so far no problems. i also have a tb card.
I have not come across this issue. initially formatted card on mac. Copy files from mac to SP3K via AFT "job done" for now anyway :>)

May 11, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #2,353 of 4,091
'Ask too much'? Whom? Astell or SP3K?

I have never had any problems transferring files to the memory cards inside of my old AK 70, AK 320, AK 380, SP1K and SP2K. Not to mention, I have never had to remove the memory card from my Lotoo PAW Gold Touch Titanium since I introduced it the first day.

May 11, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #2,354 of 4,091
I have not come across this issue. initially formatted card on mac. Copy files from mac to SP3K via AFT "job done" for now anyway :>)
Thanks for your answer. It is the only 'annoying' problem I have encountered, since day one. Format the card in the DAP itself as I bought it. And every time I want to transfer an album I have to remove the card from the DAP and pass it from the card port of my Imac (or do it in two steps as I commented). The SP3K hasn't given me any problems transferring files to its internal memory.

May 11, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #2,355 of 4,091
Thanks for your answer. It is the only 'annoying' problem I have encountered, since day one. Format the card in the DAP itself as I bought it. And every time I want to transfer an album I have to remove the card from the DAP and pass it from the card port of my Imac (or do it in two steps as I commented). The SP3K hasn't given me any problems transferring files to its internal memory.
As you say annoying. I have no files on internal as yet. 760K on 1TB Flac/DSD. Had a few intermittent issues with id tags album title unknown and or missing art. Fixed using Tag Editor before copying to SP3K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back