Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
May 8, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #2,326 of 3,981
You can download an APK from APK Pure or another site, and copy it to the OpenService folder of the device, and then install it from the "Services" menu. I though this was the only way to download offline music in Tidal, but it seems that is not true...
I am going to try your way.
Whaat?! That's good to know, thanks for the info!

May 8, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #2,327 of 3,981
Whaat?! That's good to know, thanks for the info!
What I have told you is only valid for the applications that A&K allows you to install on its devices.
You can't do the same with Neutron or UAPP to give a couple of examples.

May 8, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #2,328 of 3,981
How to download and install APK from other websites? Did I miss something? I found the app in the service. So not the stock app, but from the other list "download".
In the SP3000, with the new interface, to download and install a streaming app (Qobuz, Tidal, etc.), just go to the Services page, click on Download and choose the app.
You don't need to do anything else.
In older DAPs, you have to download the apk and install them via Open Service.

May 8, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #2,329 of 3,981
In the SP3000, with the new interface, to download and install a streaming app (Qobuz, Tidal, etc.), just go to the Services page, click on Download and choose the app.
You don't need to do anything else.
In older DAPs, you have to download the apk and install them via Open Service.
Can you add anything extra or just the ones that are already there?

May 8, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #2,330 of 3,981
Can you add anything extra or just the ones that are already there?
Those listed, because they are updated after passing the internal checks by A&K technicians.
This is all to ensure that no external apps can cause problems for your device

May 8, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,331 of 3,981
@JasonNYC

You need to do something as soon as possible please. The SP3000 is practically impossible to use without freezes and resets if it remains connected to the power supply / PC and is 100% charged!

Here are very many reports about this bug!
Sorry for the delay. I did report this to the HQ team. We have been testing extensively here in the US and unable to reproduce the issue. I spent over 6 hours on Friday and another few hours over the weekend playing back starting from about 42% charge through fully charged and leaving it plugged in. No issues at all playing tracks from internal memory or microSD card. Spent a few hours also playing back through Roon and steaming both Qobuz and Tidal. The head of US support also spent 4 1/2 hours with a different unit, playing songs with internal memory, microSD, Tidal and Apple Music and also had no issues at all.

I need some additional info to pass along to the team as we are not able to produce the issue on multiple units here. I'll start reaching out in the next day or two. From what I can see, all who are having the issues seem to be located in the EU and nowhere else, correct? I spoke to a number of US owners who do not have the issue. Just trying to get as specific as possible to get this rectified quickly.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 8, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2,332 of 3,981
Don't know if this is of any help; I have/had issues copying music to the SP3000 when it is connected to a Windows PC. Sometimes it crashes and other times it shuts down before completion. However, if I have the unit playing music it copies perfectly with no issues. This is to either the internal memory or microSD. BTW I live in the UK.

May 9, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #2,333 of 3,981
Sorry for the delay. I did report this to the HQ team. We have been testing extensively here in the US and unable to reproduce the issue. I spent over 6 hours on Friday and another few hours over the weekend playing back starting from about 42% charge through fully charged and leaving it plugged in. No issues at all playing tracks from internal memory or microSD card. Spent a few hours also playing back through Roon and steaming both Qobuz and Tidal. The head of US support also spent 4 1/2 hours with a different unit, playing songs with internal memory, microSD, Tidal and Apple Music and also had no issues at all.

I need some additional info to pass along to the team as we are not able to produce the issue on multiple units here. I'll start reaching out in the next day or two. From what I can see, all who are having the issues seem to be located in the EU and nowhere else, correct? I spoke to a number of US owners who do not have the issue. Just trying to get as specific as possible to get this rectified quickly.
This is very strange. It is definitely felt quite a few of us with this problem. Whether they are all from the EU, I don't know. Anyway, I am from the EU / Berlin. What role would that play? Different firmware?

Maybe a pair of info about it:

- Update on the last firmware.
- Then reset to factory settings and only Tidal installed.
- SP3000 is connected to the PC, with original cable.
- It doesn't matter if DAC mode or not: if SP3000 is on 100% and the device is operated, a freeze with reset happens. This is completely random, regardless of anything.
- Only in DAC mode without operation on the device itself there are no problems.
- Ehm, since yesterday I don't have the problem though. What has changed is: Tidal update to 2.80.0 (from "Download" installed - as always) and I use a different USB-C cable on the front (case) port of the pc. I'll edit this right away in case I have another freeze/reset.

As always, thanks for the patience and efforts!

EDIT: Here we go again: just freeze/reboot after wake up. I'll try again with another USB-C cable, even if that will certainly not help...

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #2,337 of 3,981
or the type of powersupply sensitive to current and fluctuations?
So I won't say but I've been listening to music for 40 minutes and so far I've had 0 freezes/resets. I also operated the device and reconnected the stock cable. Difference from usual: the SP3000 is connected to the Mac and yesterday there was an update on Tidal, as I said.

May 9, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #2,338 of 3,981
Part of the AK family now, interestingly it had issues with one of my SD cards but seems to be ok now. Will evaluate throughout the week. The sound is exquisite and clean, just like the DAP’s design. The Dignis navy blue alcantara case is a must buy.

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg

May 9, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #2,339 of 3,981
Part of the AK family now, interestingly it had issues with one of my SD cards but seems to be ok now. Will evaluate throughout the week. The sound is exquisite and clean, just like the DAP’s design. The Dignis navy blue alcantara case is a must buy.

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg
Do you have a link to that Dignis navy blue case?

May 9, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #2,340 of 3,981

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg
Congrats biggie! The Goat found the goat farm to thrive… looking forward for your impressions there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back