Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
May 3, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #2,281 of 3,979
Thanks. Already able to replicate the incident with different power bricks and cables.
So the store was kind enough to let me swap with a new SP3000.
Thanks great customer service. Amazing mate!

May 3, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #2,283 of 3,979
May 3, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #2,284 of 3,979
I too have been getting strange issues with my device. Some freezes which require long restarts.
And there are no rhyme or reason just using the device in what we would perceive as normal use.
I hope that a new firmware at least for me resolves this issues. It’s strange because no other AK device has every had this behavior.

May 3, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #2,285 of 3,979
I too have been getting strange issues with my device. Some freezes which require long restarts.
And there are no rhyme or reason just using the device in what we would perceive as normal use.
I hope that a new firmware at least for me resolves this issues. It’s strange because no other AK device has every had this behavior.

I agree with you. I have also never experienced such occurrence with my three other previous Ak.
But the newly swapped device so far running perfectly.

May 4, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #2,286 of 3,979
Mine just restarted again, and this is already a new replaced unit.
It happened after I unplugged the AK PA10 Amp from the 3.5mm Line out of SP3000.
Do we need to turn off AK PA10 Amp first before unplugging it from SP3000? SP3000 is that sensitive with power that it could break the internal chip just by unplugging 3.5mm line out with 2V output amp? Both AK PA10 and SP3000 plugged into the charger when it restarted.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #2,288 of 3,979
It happened after I unplugged the AK PA10 Amp from the 3.5mm Line out of SP3000.
Do we need to turn off AK PA10 Amp first before unplugging it from SP3000? SP3000 is that sensitive with power that it could break the internal chip just by unplugging 3.5mm line out with 2V output amp? Both AK PA10 and SP3000 plugged into the charger when it restarted.
Are you streaming only or using an SD card?

May 4, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #2,289 of 3,979
Are you streaming only or using an SD card?
Internal storage and Streaming.
I don’t use SD Card.
When I used to own ak380. Songs playing out of the SDcard sounded lower in resolution losing tightness and dynamic.
Therefore I no longer use SDCard even with SP3000

May 4, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #2,290 of 3,979
Just to test it again you should disconnect both devices from their chargers and use them as normal on battery power and see what happens when you unplug line out

May 4, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #2,291 of 3,979
Just to test it again you should disconnect both devices from their chargers and use them as normal on battery power and see what happens when you unplug line out
My first unit was restarting a lot when being charged at the same time. But all running smoothly while on battery.
With this new unit I will just implement a good habit of turning off the AK PA10 first before unplugging.
I dont feel like swapping with another new one if component is zapped by electrostatic.

May 5, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #2,293 of 3,979
@JasonNYC

Something is obviously wrong with the SP3000 here!

As soon as the SP3000 is connected to the charger / power supply / PC and is fully charged, there are repeated freezes and crush with consistent restart when interacting with the device at some point. It's happening to quite a few of us right now!

We urgently need a firmware update (that hopefully solves the problem)!

May 5, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #2,294 of 3,979
@JasonNYC

As soon as the SP3000 is connected to the charger / power supply / PC and is fully charged, there are repeated freezes and crush with consistent restart when interacting with the device at some point. It's happening to quite a few of us right now!

Also I found another bug, when pairing AK PA10 together with SP3000 using 4.4mm jack.
Everytime I play song from internal Storage, and then swap to streaming : Apple Music, and Qobuz, the sound would be distorted until you unchecked the line out and rechecked again.

May 5, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #2,295 of 3,979
@JasonNYC

Confirm this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back