Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Jan 24, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #3,557 of 3,990
It is bit perfect if you don't mind using the embedded app. It would be nice if they communicated with us the limitations of the side loaded app.
didn't knew that, but makes sense... I tend to use the side loaded (or more recent version via APK) so it keep the historical and do feed the algorithm, but the embeded is indeed more stable and faster, being bit perfect... I will default to it (at the cost of not creating historic data :frowning2: )

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #3,558 of 3,990
What about qobuz? Is it bit perfect?

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #3,559 of 3,990
FYI, next firmware update is expected to be released tomorrow, January 24th sometime in the afternoon Korea time (will be around 11 pm tonight here in the US).

If there is a delay for any reason, I will let everyone know.
After update, I can't connect via File Drop to my DAP... Port (tcp/1212) is open, but I cant negotiate ftp protocol (active, passive). It looks like ftp server stuck at fqdn resolve (?)... Its works at previous FW.

EDIT: Its works finally :/ I tapped to on/off icon several times :scream:

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #3,560 of 3,990
Not owning Sp3k anymore but potentially keeping my Kann Ultra as it's not selling currently.
Can someone enlighten me what was the indicator for not playing Bitperfect?
Was the color of the wheel wrong compared to the played bit rate?
How's about Roon?
As a native Roon Endpoint I suppose latest this connection to be Bitperfect for any Tidal or Qobuz or local Roon library flac stream plus the source and target rate can be monitored.
Obviously using DAR upsampling any source rate will be upsampled to the maximum rate anyway?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #3,561 of 3,990
Not owning Sp3k anymore but potentially keeping my Kann Ultra as it's not selling currently.
Can someone enlighten me what was the indicator for not playing Bitperfect?
Was the color of the wheel wrong compared to the played bit rate?
How's about Roon?
As a native Roon Endpoint I suppose latest this connection to be Bitperfect for any Tidal or Qobuz or local Roon library flac stream plus the source and target rate can be monitored.
Obviously using DAR upsampling any source rate will be upsampled to the maximum rate anyway?
The indicator is the color of the wheel not showing the correct bitrate.

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #3,562 of 3,990
The indicator is the color of the wheel not showing the correct bitrate.
And you tried without DAR I suppose, right?
Will retest with Kann Ultra in next days also with Roon

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #3,566 of 3,990
What about qobuz? Is it bit perfect?
I think all apps should be bit perfect (Apple Music definitely is but I dont have a Qobuz account to check). But for some reason Tidal sideloaded doesn’t work anymore in bit perfect mode since they switched to FLAC. Problem is on SP3K side as other DAPs handle Tidal FLAC bit perfect.

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #3,568 of 3,990
Should have more details on Tidal app hopefully before the end of the week. We had a discussion about it earlier in the week and was waiting for some feedback from the dev team.
Thank you @JasonNYC Do you think the SP3000 will support using Apple Music Classical anytime soon?

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #3,569 of 3,990
Thank you @JasonNYC Do you think the SP3000 will support using Apple Music Classical anytime soon?
Yes! Apple Classical just launched in Asia yesterday. Received an update last night that it is being tested now. Once they confirm no issues, it will be added to the whitelist. Expected sometime in the next few weeks hopefully.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #3,570 of 3,990
Yes! Apple Classical just launched in Asia yesterday. Received an update last night that it is being tested now. Once they confirm no issues, it will be added to the whitelist. Expected sometime in the next few weeks hopefully.
Great news! Thank you @JasonNYC 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back