Astell&Kern A&norma SR25 MK II - Available November 2021
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #106 of 143
I’m looking for my first DAP, and the A&K SR25 is on my list, together with the Fiio M11. I don’t really need a full blown Android DAP as I can still use my iPad Pro with a dongle if I need more connectivity. The Fiio is roughly at the same price and that’s why I added to the list. Possibly the only streaming option I would need is Qobuz, but I couldn’t find information online on whether the SR25 supports it or not…only Tidal. Could you confirm you can Qobuz? Also, anyone compared the SR25 with the Fiio M11 in terms of sound quality? Thank you
Qobuz is supported. This is the current list of supported streaming services/apps:

Amazon Music, Apple Music, Audiobooks by Audible, AWA, bandcamp, Bugs, Deezer, DS Audio, FLO, Foobar2000, Genie, IDAGIO, Joox, KK BOX, Melon, Moov, myTuner Radio, Nugs.net, Pandora, Player FM, Qobuz, QQ Music, Sirius XM, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tidal, Tune-In Radio, xiami music and Yandex Music.

More info on streaming apps can be found here - https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/news/open-app-service-instructions

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 12, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #111 of 143
Hi, does this player have a line out that I could use with the mojo2?

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #113 of 143
Has anyone tried the BT function as a receiver to stream from phone? Does it work well?

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #114 of 143
Has anyone tried the BT function as a receiver to stream from phone? Does it work well?
I got my SR25mkii for about one month, tried BT function, but everytime just less than half an hour, so far so good.

Apr 22, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #115 of 143
I got my SR25mkii for about one month, tried BT function, but everytime just less than half an hour, so far so good.
Sounds promising! I will give it a try. I found cirrus logic’s DAC generally sounds natural. I got mixed connectors as well, so hopefully this one meets my needs

Jun 14, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #116 of 143
Did anyone find any information about the DAC Filter setting? What option to choose in what cases?
There are 4 options:
- Low Lattency Fast (default setting)
- Low Lattency Slow
- Phase Compensated Fast
- Phase Compensated Slow
As far as I understood some articles, like this one the best setting is "Sharp roll off filter" and if I'm not mistaken, it corresponds to "Phase Compensated Fast" option in sr25 ii. It seems that this option gives a bit sharper punch in music.
Are there any other observations regarding this topic? Or if Astell&Kern representative reads the thread, please advise.
Thanks!

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #117 of 143
What a bad day ! the rear of my SR25 MKII comes off.
The battery should swell and push the back plate. But the product is eight months old... :frowning2:
Ok I can send the product for free repair but I am in France and the repair center is in Germany. How long will I wait?
Second player of the brand and like the other one a problem in less than a year!

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #118 of 143
What a bad day ! the rear of my SR25 MKII comes off.
The battery should swell and push the back plate. But the product is eight months old... :frowning2:
Ok I can send the product for free repair but I am in France and the repair center is in Germany. How long will I wait?
Second player of the brand and like the other one a problem in less than a year!
I had that happen to my first SR25 and then it happened again with the one they replaced it with. I am having better luck with my third one but I'm no longer using it as a DAC and doesn't get as much playtime. It will take several days to get it serviced or replaced but it's included in the warranty.

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #119 of 143
I had that happen to my first SR25 and then it happened again with the one they replaced it with. I am having better luck with my third one but I'm no longer using it as a DAC and doesn't get as much playtime. It will take several days to get it serviced or replaced but it's included in the warranty.
You had this problem twice in a row?! Ok, so I have to get used to the risk of it happening again. It's probably the battery that swelled up (It happened on the first iphones). It's related to battery manufacturing defects: the supplier reduces the quality level to be able to produce more. It is hopeless. Apple now requires flawless batteries and this problem no longer appears. Maybe Astell&kern should think about it.
I hope in any case not to have a problem with the SR25 MKII again, otherwise I will definitely stop buying A&K devices despite their very good sound quality .
Thank you for your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back