Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 - The First Modular DAP from Astell&Kern
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #646 of 652
have a problem with module 4: sometimes when I turn on the player for the first time there is a short hiss and click in the headphones, after that it plays normally. What can be the problem and is it normal?
Should not be normal? Have you tried unplugging and cleaning the sem4 cartridge pins with alcohol and inserting again? See of it still happening?

Jun 14, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #650 of 652
I listened to my SE180 last night for a couple of hours. When I picked it up this morning, it was quite hot to the touch. I then removed the SEM module, and it seems to be cooling down. I powered it up before I removed the SEM module, and it seems to still operate normally. Anyone else ever experience this? My first thought was the battery, but I don’t know why it would cool off when the SEM was removed. Battery life has still been very good up to this point.

Jun 14, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #651 of 652
I listen to my SE180 frequently and have never had this issue, but I know people have reported issues with the battery swelling if charged with an after market cable. I gather it wasn’t plugged in overnight?

Jun 14, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #652 of 652
I listen to my SE180 frequently and have never had this issue, but I know people have reported issues with the battery swelling if charged with an after market cable. I gather it wasn’t plugged in overnight?
It wasn’t plugged in. The heat went away completely after I removed the SEM module. I reinserted the SEM, and it is now operating normally with no issues. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back