Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 - The First Modular DAP from Astell&Kern
Dec 14, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #616 of 648
Thanks mate! I’ve been actually thoroughly enjoying the DAP with the stock SEM1 module. Was wondering if you’ve got a chance to listen to it using the A&K PA10 as an amplifier and if it makes sense to get that instead of the additional DAC/amp modules since the DAC in SEM1 is pretty nice to begin with. Also, another reason is that I am unable to get these modules. It’s sold out everywhere in Europe. :frowning2:
ali expres the official Iriver shop. I ordered the Sem3 there. They still have the SEM2, SEM3, SEM4

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.17.51d879d2IT3uqF&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #618 of 648
Dec 25, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #620 of 648
I can't find a Dealer in Germany or the EU were the Sem3 is available. Is it out of production or is it just sold because of Christmas?

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #622 of 648
You have order it from ali express, I just received in The Netherlands last week. I posted the link in this thread. The only way to get it is there
thanks

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #623 of 648
@jjazzy
Hey, I couldn't buy it through the link. when i follow link it ends in Aliexpress Nirvana😅!
Might be a problem of location, sometimes AliExpress is Bit wierd when accessed from Germany. But thankfully i found a demounit (like new) from a pretty friendly shop in stockholm for around 300€ inkl. shipping to germany. Hopfully the Sem3 will arrive in the early new year.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #624 of 648
@jjazzy
Hey, I couldn't buy it through the link. when i follow link it ends in Aliexpress Nirvana😅!
Might be a problem of location, sometimes AliExpress is Bit wierd when accessed from Germany. But thankfully i found a demounit (like new) from a pretty friendly shop in stockholm for around 300€ inkl. shipping to germany. Hopfully the Sem3 will arrive in the early new year.
300 good deal, I payed 289 for it. Have a hard time choosing which one is better, sem3 or 4? Actually both are amazing. I have several headphones, with some the sem3 sounds better with other sem4.

But I call them both amazing

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #625 of 648
I was listening 3h yesterday with the Sem4 and the Oriolus Szalayi. Crazy good and for the most part i was really enjoying the DAR oversampling mode. But on a highly resolving IEM's like the VE7, paired with female voices, the DAR mode is more forward in the mids, give it a bit more body but also is a bit more grainy in the highest notes. That was not an issue with the Oriolus Szalayi. But the DAR is a cool option that wierdly get me more emotional Connection to some recordings/voices! just a bit, i don't miss it when it's not turned on, i just miss it when i turn it off, If that makes any sense? 😅

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #626 of 648
300 good deal, I payed 289 for it. Have a hard time choosing which one is better, sem3 or 4? Actually both are amazing. I have several headphones, with some the sem3 sounds better with other sem4.

But I call them both amazing
I was listening with the Sem3 for the Last day (Oriolus Szalayi and Thieaudio Hype hype 2) and know i get the dilemma!
Both, Sem4 and Sem3 are great and better than the Sem1. it's just different kinds of good.
The Sem4 has a bit more drive, is a bit more midbass forward, and the bass notes feel more rounded.
The Sem 3 is more precise, the rendering of notes and textures feels Like it hast more nuance.
If you would force me to pick one... i don't know. depends one the listening mood and pairng.

Jan 24, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #628 of 648
The SEM4 module and the Sennheiser IE900s are a match made in heaven! I might have finally found my endgame.. pure sonic bliss! :) :) :)

Jan 24, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #629 of 648
I can now understand all my fellow head-fi’ers gushing over the musicality of the SEM4. Although, I don’t find a huge difference between DAR off and DAR on, I believe there’s a slight improvement in soundstage and power efficiency. I am really blown away! :)

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #630 of 648
I can now understand all my fellow head-fi’ers gushing over the musicality of the SEM4. Although, I don’t find a huge difference between DAR off and DAR on, I believe there’s a slight improvement in soundstage and power efficiency. I am really blown away! :)
Sem3 and sem4 are both amazing. Sem4 amazing with actually everything. En some headphones are a nicer match with the sem3.

But overal the sem4 is also my favourite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back