Astell & Kern A&futura A&K SE300
Jun 7, 2023 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

vishweshji

New Head-Fier
Just received my SE300 yesterday and I'm already in love with the A&K house of sound. This is my first R2R DAP and coming from WM1AM2 it's very different, sounds very clear and deep.

This review helped me narrow down my choices - https://twister6.com/2023/05/17/astell-kern-ak-se300/3/

IMG_3494.png

Jun 10, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 17
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 17
we
Just received my SE300 yesterday and I'm already in love with the A&K house of sound. This is my first R2R DAP and coming from WM1AM2 it's very different, sounds very clear and deep.

This review helped me narrow down my choices - https://twister6.com/2023/05/17/astell-kern-ak-se300/3/

IMG_3494.png
Hi. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the user interface and operating system of the SE300 vs the WM1AM2? Thank you in advance.

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 17
we

Hi. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the user interface and operating system of the SE300 vs the WM1AM2? Thank you in advance.
WM1AM2 is android so standard android user interface + sony music app and equilizer so pretty standard to use. I have all the streaming apps and audible installed (hand to uninstall few apps as well)

A&K have their own UI that's pretty minimal, designed to play music. Not many apps ylu can install. I only have apple music and tidal apps apart from built in music player. Everything else is in settings. It's minimal but snappy, gets the job done.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 17
WM1AM2 is android so standard android user interface + sony music app and equilizer so pretty standard to use. I have all the streaming apps and audible installed (hand to uninstall few apps as well)

A&K have their own UI that's pretty minimal, designed to play music. Not many apps ylu can install. I only have apple music and tidal apps apart from built in music player. Everything else is in settings. It's minimal but snappy, gets the job done.
Appreciate the insights! I own the WM1AM2, love the sound, but the Android OS is very slow.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 17

Have you also found the Apple Music app to be REALLY slow and laggy?? It's annoying.

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #10 of 17
Feb 15, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #12 of 17
Just got mine yesterday. Coming from an iBasso 240 with amp8 mk2 card. It really sounds great using class A amp/NOS. Using it with Vision EARS ext.

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #13 of 17
The SE300 paired with the CFA Supermoon Universal is an excellent listen. I’m using the NOS Class A setting. The synergy of the two is top shelf. AK has really knocked it out of the park with this player. I’ve had the SP3K but my preference is the SE300 for its musicality the analog quality of its sound.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #15 of 17
Hello, could anyone comment on whether or not the it is possible to download music locally on Tidal for offline consumption on the SE300?

The reason I am asking is because a few days ago I tested an SR35 and realised the up to date Tidal app on an up to date SR35 would not even have the "download" option available. Essentially I could only stream (from the wifi). Was there something wrong with that version of Tidal (it was the official one which ships with the SR35 and it was up to date) perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back