1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell and Kern Kann Digital Out and iOS Device Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bpandbass, Jul 1, 2017.
  1. bpandbass
    Hey folks,

I wanted to ask something knowledgeable within this community who may be able to help me with a question I had about potentially buying the Astell and Kern Kann to use as my portable rig with my full-size headphones. I currently use the Chord Mojo with my iPhone 7, and I was looking to see how the Kann could fit in.

My questions are this:

Does the Kann have any SPDIF/Optical/Toslink as digital out, which I could use to output to my Mojo if I wanted, or does it only come with line-out and balanced/single-ended headphone ports?

And if the Kann can function as a USB DAC/headphone amp, can I connect it to an iOS device through its Micro USB port with a cable and the Apple CCK dongle?

If anyone knows this, thanks!

2. kel77
    Kann does digital output through its micro USB port. To connect to your mojo you need micro USB to micro USB cable.

3. that201boy
    Was this ever answered? I was wondering if I could run the music from my phone thru the Kann like a DAC also