Aspiring Audiophile
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jmc15john

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've been reading here on the forms or a few months now and decided I ought to join up.  I've always loved music but haven't really explored high end audio until recently. Currently I've got a pair of Panasonic RP-HC55-S IEM's which are noise cancelling and great for driving to/from work.  I use my galaxy s4 to play all my music, mostly flac.  I've got viper4android on my phone but I can't seem to get it to work.  Vipe works great from my laptop.  

I've got a Pioneer VSX-45K reciever with some lower end Onkyo speakers.  The Pioneer deck does wonders compared to the old Onkyo receiver.  

Currently I've been looking at different headphones, mainly over ear style.  Hoping to find a great steal around black Friday.  I've been eyeing the Sennheiser 598's and maybe a small Fiio amp.  

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to Head-Fi!  "Sorry about your wallet" is our motto, and it couldn't be more accurate.  Last year I was content with $150 headphones and a $100 sound card, now I currently have three headphones, and within the next two months I'll be spending over $2,500 on a brand new system.  Climb the ladder at your own peril.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 4
  Welcome to Head-Fi!  "Sorry about your wallet" is our motto, and it couldn't be more accurate.  Last year I was content with $150 headphones and a $100 sound card, now I currently have three headphones, and within the next two months I'll be spending over $2,500 on a brand new system.  Climb the ladder at your own peril.

Yeap that sounds about right

I've not fiddled with viper4Android, but I like Neutron Music player a lot my self! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back