Asking about headphone amp
Aug 12, 2011 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stcmicro

New Head-Fier
Hello all

I'm not a headphone super fan but just like to listening musics. I have a HD600, it has been worked without any amp for over 3 years. I know you'll laugh at me if I told you I use ipod to drive it directly in most cases. Yesterday when I was buying some electronic parts from siliconray I found there's a beautiful headphone amp named little dot Q. I was almost to buy it. But I searched the web, found very little info about the little dot Q amp. Any of you have experiences with this small tube amp? Can I have good sound with my HD600? I want to ship it with my res book, caps and boards to save shipping cost.
Here's the link:
little dot q tube headphone amp

thanks and best rgds
Mike

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 3
i'm a nab to! but from what i,ve seen on here after  starting to look for a gaming headset that was better than i had. eneded up with some senn pc360. ( that was just the start really) as i found then to have nice sq in game  and with music i like,  but felt i could do better on the music front. so yet many hrs more reading up on posts. i got my self a set of grado rs225i, alot say u dont need a amp for them as there low imp cans, but others say amps bring them to life. i,ve now have a DL I+ on order, this is a step up from the little dot Q what does look like a more stylish vs of  bravo/idead G2 amps to me any way. these are hybrid amps, what have more power for low imp cans.but don't do so well with high end imp 250/600 cans . pll say for them look at  a full blown tube amp if you want a amp with the tube like warmth & look .A low cost amp like the little dot mkII/mkIII/ darkvoise 336se would do better for cans 205hms & above.

solid state headphone amps offer more bang for bucks so they say. theres  portable like the fiio e7/e11 that do well with hd600 or a desk-top fiio e9 amp, ok there's many more, but these seem to spring up alot.

at the end of the day its up to you. price/looks, how well they sound thats matters. really you have to give  as much info as poss. as i didn't. my bad! what i left out was from a early age i was slightly def on low bass, so more sensative to highs. this is why i find grado 225i  lacking in lows but i find the highs to much. the mids are spot on.
sry if this is abit of a ramble. had a drink or 3 with it been a friday

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi to all from a head fi newbie,

Just taken delivery today of a Musical fidelity M1HPA headphone amp......it replaces my beloved tubed X-can v3 with x-psuv3.....Cant believe the difference straight out the box...cant wait till its had 100 hrs to burn in......Sounds sublime if a little edgy at the moment

very Happy today !!

Fossil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back