ASIO4All Explanation
Apr 4, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #151 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got no sound out of the eb01 until I disabled the onboard sound and a reboot. Since then it's worked fine.

That's pretty much what it says in the main thread.....

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #152 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's pretty much what it says in the main thread.....

Yeah, I know I read it someplace. I wouldn't have known to do it otherwise.

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #153 of 479
Hey Enoyin,

I seem to have fixed the problem. In Sound and Audio devices, under Audio, my sound playback default device was not set to USB speakers. Thanks for reminding me to take a look at this again.

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #154 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Enoyin,

I seem to have fixed the problem. In Sound and Audio devices, under Audio, my sound playback default device was not set to USB speakers. Thanks for reminding me to take a look at this again.

It's just that Windows has 10 sliders to do the exact same thing. It's pretty annoying some times. It gives you a good idea why people in studios always use MAC instead of Windows.

Glad I could be of some help.

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #155 of 479
Dank u wel EnoYiN

This came in very handy
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #156 of 479
I consider myself technically competent, but I simply cannot get this to work. SO frustrating.

I downloaded the latest version of Foobar (0.9.4.3) and downloaded the ASIO link here as directed, and all Foobar says is that there's a problem loading the ASIO driver (actually, it says "An error occurred while querying ASIO drivers", and to stop ASIO playback and shut down any other software using ASIO) even when I'm on a fresh restart with nothing else open. When I tried to downgrade to 0.9.4.2, Foobar says the ASIO driver is designed for a newer version of Foobar.

The old version of Foobar I had (before I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version to try to configure ASIO) was a buggy mess as well.

Has anyone managed to configure ASIO in 0.9.4.3? I'd love to get this set up with ASIO so I could set my PC with Itunes as the front end and Foobar as the back, but I'll be damned if I can get Foobar to do anything I want without throwing errors all over the place.

ANY assistance someone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

May 11, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #157 of 479
I am still running 0.9.4.2 but I am willing to try the newer version later on today. After I have tried that I will post here again and you will see if I got it to work.

May 11, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #159 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone managed to configure ASIO in 0.9.4.3? I'd love to get this set up with ASIO so I could set my PC with Itunes as the front end and Foobar as the back, but I'll be damned if I can get Foobar to do anything I want without throwing errors all over the place.

I got it working without anything going wrong. So, I'll just give you my version off the ASIO plug-in and then it should work fine.

My version is 1.2.4. The version of foobar is 0.9.4.3.

I am using the same plug-in as I was using for 0.9.4.2. It's the plug-in I linked to in the first post of this thread. I hope this helps.

BTW. What are you using aside from the default Foobar? Some kind of panelUI or ColumnsUI? I have no errors whatsoever in foobar so I think that would have something to do with other plug-ins you might be using.

Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The latency should be on 2048."
This should be ASIO Buffer Size
biggrin.gif

ORLY?

May 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #160 of 479
Quote:

I got it working without anything going wrong. So, I'll just give you my version off the ASIO plug-in and then it should work fine.

My version is 1.2.4. The version of foobar is 0.9.4.3.

I am using the same plug-in as I was using for 0.9.4.2. It's the plug-in I linked to in the first post of this thread. I hope this helps.

BTW. What are you using aside from the default Foobar? Some kind of panelUI or ColumnsUI? I have no errors whatsoever in foobar so I think that would have something to do with other plug-ins you might be using.

The problem must have something to do with my setup then. That is the ASIO plugin version I am using.

Actually, I removed and reinstalled Foobar for this, so it's clean with no other plugins at all. I'm using ASIO4ALL v2. The plugin and setup for Winamp works fine. Unfortuantely, no matter what I try I get that same "An error occurred while querying ASIO drivers" error over and over in Foobar.

May 11, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #161 of 479
Quote:

The problem must have something to do with my setup then. That is the ASIO plugin version I am using.

Actually, I removed and reinstalled Foobar for this, so it's clean with no other plugins at all. I'm using ASIO4ALL v2. The plugin and setup for Winamp works fine. Unfortuantely, no matter what I try I get that same "An error occurred while querying ASIO drivers" error over and over in Foobar.

Errr...
confused.gif
I am sorry, but in that case I don't have a clue about what's going on then. You can still try asking at Hydrogen Audio.

It did work when using 0.9.4.2 I assume? So, if you wouldn't mind too much I think I would install the older version. (it's a poor alternative - I know)

May 11, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #162 of 479
Quote:

It did work when using 0.9.4.2 I assume? So, if you wouldn't mind too much I think I would install the older version. (it's a poor alternative - I know)

No, it didn't work in 0.9.4.2 either--in fact the component said it was written for a newer version and incompatible or something.

I can't get this to work in *any* version of Foobar. It was painless in Winamp though.

May 11, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #163 of 479
Quote:

No, it didn't work in 0.9.4.2 either--in fact the component said it was written for a newer version and incompatible or something.

I can't get this to work in *any* version of Foobar. It was painless in Winamp though.

Did you also try the other link in the first post? This one. In that post is a link to another ASIO plug-in.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas and your only option would be to ask someone at HA.

May 11, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #164 of 479
I have a strange problem when using ASIO and Winamp. I have everything setup according to the guide (using the out_asio.dll plug-in from the Japanese site), and things are working great except certain songs refuse to play in Winamp.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as it can happen on certain songs from an album but not others from same album. These are various mp3s, mostly ripped at VBR. Re-ripping doesn't seem to fix the problem. Winamp doesn't crash, it just stays stuck at 0:00. I can switch to other songs just fine when I hit one of these non-playing tracks.

Does anybody have any insight on this? I can't stick with ASIO as some of my favorite songs just won't play under it.

May 12, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #165 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a strange problem when using ASIO and Winamp. I have everything setup according to the guide (using the out_asio.dll plug-in from the Japanese site), and things are working great except certain songs refuse to play in Winamp.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as it can happen on certain songs from an album but not others from same album. These are various mp3s, mostly ripped at VBR. Re-ripping doesn't seem to fix the problem. Winamp doesn't crash, it just stays stuck at 0:00. I can switch to other songs just fine when I hit one of these non-playing tracks.

Does anybody have any insight on this? I can't stick with ASIO as some of my favorite songs just won't play under it.

If that happens there are a few options:

1) The device can't handle the latency.

2) The device can not handle the sample rate.

3) There is a bug.

4) You are not using a decent program.
biggrin.gif

I can't think of anything else than these options. I am assuming that you set the latency right and that most of your CDs are 44.1/ 16 so that leaves option 3 and maybe 4 if you are willing to switch.

You can also try kernel streaming. You can set that up in pretty much the same way as ASIO.

If someone else might have any ideas on this please do tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back