ASIO & Mediamonkey?
Oct 19, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #16 of 24
I'm running MM 2.5.4.978, and have the latest kernel streaming plugin (3.6) running (along with resampling to 24/96). Works OK for me, although the resampler puts a bit of a strain on my system (typically 15 to 20 % CPU). Are you sure your card is set to receive the input rate your kernel streamer is sending it? If there is a miss-match it will behave as you described.

Cheers,

Q

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicken
I'm running MM 2.5.4.978, and have the latest kernel streaming plugin (3.6) running (along with resampling to 24/96). Works OK for me, although the resampler puts a bit of a strain on my system (typically 15 to 20 % CPU). Are you sure your card is set to receive the input rate your kernel streamer is sending it? If there is a miss-match it will behave as you described.

Cheers,

Q

I"m going to see if I can find out where I can properly set my card (Audigy 2 NX) now......

EDIT::

Can anyone here help me find out how to configure the audigy for kernel streaming? It seems to be playing through the kernel streaming plugin, but a couple things don't seem right:

#1 - To my ears, the kernel streaming plugin sounds exactly like the directsound plugin
#2 - The gapless playback doesn't seem to be working even though the gapless option is checked.....

I don't know if there would be a significant change in sq between kernel streaming and directsound, but it could just be my tin ears. I've also read that sometimes the gapless doesn't always work either, so again it may just be me. I've just heard so much great accolades about kernel streaming, I thought I would hear a significant diff.

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 24
Hey, I'm having a problem getting mediamonkey to even recognise asio4all. I'm trying to install it on a windows xp computer to run with mediamonkey through my Compass, but even when I install it to mediamonkey (in either mediamonkey or the plugins subfolder) it isn't recognised. What can I do to make mm notice asio4all?

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I'm having a problem getting mediamonkey to even recognise asio4all. I'm trying to install it on a windows xp computer to run with mediamonkey through my Compass, but even when I install it to mediamonkey (in either mediamonkey or the plugins subfolder) it isn't recognised. What can I do to make mm notice asio4all?

This thread is back from the dead...
darthsmile.gif

You install ASIO4ALL in Program Files and install the out_asio.dll in the plugin folder of MM.....Once you install ASIO4ALL it will be recognized by other players...All you have to do is install the asio_out.dll in the plug-in or component (Foobar) folder...

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #21 of 24
When I install ASIO4ALL it gives me only 2 .dll files. The first one is asio4all64.dll and the other is asio4all.dll but when I put either of these in the MM plugin section (or Foobar) it is still not recognised. I go into the MM options, select output plugins and all it gives me is MediaMonkey DirectSound output - out_MMDS.dll and waveOut output v2.0.2a - out_wave.dll. Am I doing something wrong?

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #22 of 24
That's correct, but you have to leave ASIO4ALL in program files and download the winamp out_asio dll and put that in the plugin folder in mm.

ASIO4ALL should have a folder in Program Files. That stays there it never moves.

When you do that it will be in your output. When you click configure for out_asio if a box comes up that says ASIO4ALL, you have done it correctly

Link-WINAMP5用 ASIO出力プラグイン (dll version) - ãŠãŸã¡ã‚ƒã‚“ã®MIDI/Audioソフト...

****Ver 67.7---When you unzip go to bin. You will have 2 options normal or SSE2...I have used both but stayed with normal....

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #23 of 24
I have now downloaded this, but it does not show up as a zip file nor a .dll file so my computer doesn't recognise it. It doesn't help that I have to transfer everything from the computer that is hooked up to the internet to the one that isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back