Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jan 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #871 of 2,994

Dat beat.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #876 of 2,994
@Niceblue: No problem! I have a 128kbps copy of it though... 
cool.gif

Hmm... do you guys know where to buy higher quality copies of Asian music? I can't find out for the life of me. My friend gave some pretty bad recordings to me.... as in 8kbps bad. 
eek.gif

I'd love to buy higher quality copies of this stuff. If only I knew where...

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #877 of 2,994
Quote:
@Niceblue: No problem! I have a 128kbps copy of it though... 
cool.gif

Hmm... do you guys know where to buy higher quality copies of Asian music? I can't find out for the life of me. My friend gave some pretty bad recordings to me.... as in 8kbps bad. 
eek.gif

I'd love to buy higher quality copies of this stuff. If only I knew where...

Physical CD's
  1. YesAsia has a good selection of Asian music in general
  2. CDJapan for Japanese music if Yesasia doesn't have it (the J-rock group LITE for example)

Digital Downloads
  1. HiFiTrack has a lot of high-fidelity, HD, Chinese music, and some Japanese.
  2. iNDIEVOX has a lot of Chinese music

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #878 of 2,994
Quote:
Physical CD's
  1. YesAsia has a good selection of Asian music in general
  2. CDJapan for Japanese music if Yesasia doesn't have it (the J-rock group LITE for example)

Digital Downloads
  1. HiFiTrack has a lot of high-fidelity, HD, Chinese music, and some Japanese.
  2. iNDIEVOX has a lot of Chinese music

Alright I'll take a look around these sites. Thanks Miceblue!

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #879 of 2,994
+1 for CDJapan, but for the even more obscure recordings from really, really indie/basement bands, you'd have to either outright go to Japan, or get a local friend to import it to you.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #880 of 2,994
Quote:
+1 for CDJapan, but for the even more obscure recordings from really, really indie/basement bands, you'd have to either outright go to Japan, or get a local friend to import it to you.

Ok, thanks TwinQY. I'm mainly listening to Cantonese/HK and Mandarin music (and classical, but that's easy to find in the US). But they happen to have Final Fantasy OSTs here for a slightly cheaper price than Amazon! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #882 of 2,994
Quote:
^^
Ebay is also another good option at times. Buy most of my Korean Indie and Japanese Idol group stuff there.

You haven't had any issues with fakes on ebay?  There are a few Japanese albums I've been tempted to buy, but the Japanese pressings are so much more expensive. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #883 of 2,994
I was checking out some other bands from Japan after loving Loudness (from Japan)

and stumbled upon another metal band called Deathgaze, really great band as well, and haven't been dissapointed by metal from Japan. They can rock out just as well as any other country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back