Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Dec 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #841 of 2,994
Quote:
Well what do ya know! I sign up for head-fi to ask questions about headphones and I end up finding a vibrant Asian music community :3

Here's a list of my favorite artists (that you should definitely check out!):

4minute
2NE1
Aldious
Black List
COPPU
Dazzle Vision
e.via
ecosystem
exist+trace
f(x)
FLiP
Gil Me
Gummy
itsue
KARA
LIL
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
miss A
Miss S
Nine Muses
RAMPANT
Rania
Rimi
SCANDAL
Shigi
T-ARA
UPLIFT SPICE
Wonder Girls
Yasuha Kominami
Yellow Machinegun
YEYO
Yousei Teikoku

I might as well ask here rather than another part of the forums (considering you all have experience with Korean/Japanese music)
Would the DT880 + FiiO E17 be a good combination for listening to Asian pop, rock, metal, soft piano songs, and rap? [essentially a wide range of music!]
Thanks for any help!

PS: Is this thread mostly for discussing anime music? I noticed in the OP they mentioned jpopsuki, and I'd love to add other head-fi'ers to my friends list and compare music!~

I don't know a single thing about K-pop, but I noticed that most of your  Bolded artists are J-Rock bands and I really like some of them too. Especially exist+Trace and and FLiP. Correct my if I'm wrong, but I think you'd prefer something with a strong mid-bass section which the DT880 does excel with. Another headphone that I consider really good with J-Rock and rock/metal in general is the HD25/Amperior. According to your personal preferences, I would also suggest the HD650. It's on the dark side and that aspect of it really helps with some of the bright K-Pop(I think they're bright, don't really listen to many), J-pop and Anime songs.

PS: My fav Band is ONE OK ROCK!

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #842 of 2,994
Quote:
Well what do ya know! I sign up for head-fi to ask questions about headphones and I end up finding a vibrant Asian music community :3

Here's a list of my favorite artists (that you should definitely check out!):

4minute
2NE1
Aldious
Black List
COPPU
Dazzle Vision
e.via
ecosystem
exist+trace
f(x)
FLiP
Gil Me
Gummy
itsue
KARA
LIL
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
miss A
Miss S
Nine Muses
RAMPANT
Rania
Rimi
SCANDAL
Shigi
T-ARA
UPLIFT SPICE
Wonder Girls
Yasuha Kominami
Yellow Machinegun
YEYO
Yousei Teikoku

I might as well ask here rather than another part of the forums (considering you all have experience with Korean/Japanese music)
Would the DT880 + FiiO E17 be a good combination for listening to Asian pop, rock, metal, soft piano songs, and rap? [essentially a wide range of music!]
Thanks for any help!

PS: Is this thread mostly for discussing anime music? I noticed in the OP they mentioned jpopsuki, and I'd love to add other head-fi'ers to my friends list and compare music!~

Another MotFD fan! Seems all my favourite bands broke up officially sometime during this year. I caught one of their final performances with all the original members in Shibuya around '10. Good excuse to visit Shibuya, as always! Regarding the headphones, I highly enjoy my HD580, as well as the HD650, with stuff like J-pop, softer asian music, etc. For closed-backs, the A900x can't be beat for J-Pop and the likes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dDjYBmlJA. I think I've already posted this up, but now is as good as a time as any. 

Been rediscovering old Korean songs as well.

Edit: Realized Chau Chau link was dead

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #845 of 2,994
Quote:
きのこ帝国 (Kinoko Teikoku) is a Japanese rock (with some post-rock elements) band I discovered a while ago that I simply can't get enough of:

That singer has such power in her voice.

Know the name of the singer? Sounds real familar, but can't put a finger on the name. The website biography doesn't leave much to be desired as well.

Quote:
Gotta go deeper.

Thought San Ul Lim dug deep enough, but okay, here goes.

And this, since I'm watching the movie right now. Weird combo since I've got the Human Condition queued up after this. Staying up till morning for this one.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #847 of 2,994
Quote:
Good stuff, pretty excited to see someone who's knows their stuff.

Lol, I posted the Shin Joong Hyun video at the very top, but the link died somehow.

If you've got some good folk rock, modern rock bands, let me know! It's hard to find good stuff with my limited Korean, nearly impossible to find it locally here in Vancouver.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #848 of 2,994
Hey guys,
i was going back through some of my music collection and other than High and mighty color, does any one else remember Mihimaru GT? I absolutely loved their first album mihimarhythm. It cost me an arm and a leg to buy their album via ebay

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #849 of 2,994
Quote:
Hey guys,
i was going back through some of my music collection and other than High and mighty color, does any one else remember Mihimaru GT? I absolutely loved their first album mihimarhythm. It cost me an arm and a leg to buy their album via ebay

Remember them from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Felt DAI was better, but they were okay.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #851 of 2,994
Quote:

Know the name of the singer? Sounds real familar, but can't put a finger on the name. The website biography doesn't leave much to be desired as well.

I looked and unfortunately the most I could find was that she was referred to as "おおーちゃん" (oh-chan) in an interview.

It may be that she's trying to retain her anonymity.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #852 of 2,994
Quote:
I looked and unfortunately the most I could find was that she was referred to as "おおーちゃん" (oh-chan) in an interview.

It's may be that she's trying to retain her anonymity.

Shame, but they usually do that. Less focus on the people, more on the music though, which is always welcome.

Korean-wise, I keep on trying to find that Christmas song that Loveholic did. I have the entire Pastel collection, and one of the songs really reminded me of something they did. For those unfamiliar with Loveholic, their songs permeates into every Korean drama/tv show imaginable. Think the sentimental, lovelorn modern rock on those OSTs.

Also some Sequence Pulse and Detroit 7

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #854 of 2,994
Anyone here heard (相対性理論) Soutaiseiriron?

If you've heard anything by Etsuko Yakushimaru, this her band in which she performs vocals.

If you haven't heard Etsuko Yakushimaru before, she's done some fantastic stuff with others as well:

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #855 of 2,994
Quote:

Shame, but they usually do that. Less focus on the people, more on the music though, which is always welcome.

Korean-wise, I keep on trying to find that Christmas song that Loveholic did. I have the entire Pastel collection, and one of the songs really reminded me of something they did. For those unfamiliar with Loveholic, their songs permeates into every Korean drama/tv show imaginable. Think the sentimental, lovelorn modern rock on those OSTs.

Also some Sequence Pulse and Detroit 7

I love Loveholic. Jisun's solo albums are pretty good as well, though not quite the same. 

Sequence Pulse is SUPERB. Thank you for linking it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back