Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Oct 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #781 of 2,994
I am IN LOVE with this song right now, my player shows that it's been played 36 times already, and I just got the CD yesterday 
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #784 of 2,994
Quote:

Totally unexpected ending to that music video. *clap clap clap*

Right? Only realized it when he pieced the photo back together...

He likes the guy, not Dasom

Really liked Seo In Guk in this, probably my favourite winner of Superstar K. Answer Me 1997 was probably one of the best dramas this year, good to see him in more acting roles. 

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #785 of 2,994
Quote:
Right? Only realized it when he pieced the photo back together...

He likes the guy, not Dasom

Really liked Seo In Guk in this, probably my favourite winner of Superstar K2. Answer Me 1997 was probably one of the best dramas this year, good to see him in more acting roles. 

Seo In Guk is winner of Superstar K

Huh Gak is winner of K2

Ulala Session is winner of K3

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #787 of 2,994
For those who want the CRAZY side of JPOP here is some electro-pop produced by Yasutaka Nakata.  Just wait for the theme at 0:42.

If you download the mp3 it's a lot more detailed than this video.  The bass and high synth notes are SO fun.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #788 of 2,994
Perfume is pretty awesome. If you think J-Pop's crazy though, you should definite check out the japanese rock and metal scene (and I don't mean the typical pop-punk visual kei stuff). Crazily diverse stuff.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #789 of 2,994
Been watching the movie version of RahXephon, and came across this fantastic Maaya song. I thought, wow, how could I have missed this one? Then I realized I bought Tune the Rainbow years ago, it had already been in my player library for a long. long time, yet never had it shuffled to that song 
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #791 of 2,994
Quote:
For those who want the CRAZY side of JPOP here is some electro-pop produced by Yasutaka Nakata.  Just wait for the theme at 0:42.

If you download the mp3 it's a lot more detailed than this video.  The bass and high synth notes are SO fun.

I checked out Perfume's ∆ album from the library last year and it was terribly mastered with lots of clipping and the tracks had hardly any dynamic range. I'm also not too much of a fan of the autotune(?) voice enhancements they use.

That being said yes, they are a really catchy band. I prefer more traditional synthpop from J-rock groups though.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #795 of 2,994
I have been obsessed with this new group since I heard this song from a Kpop chart countdown
  The ending scene is quite intense.  Although there are a lot of cheap "sexy" appeal moves, I love the soulfulness of the song. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back