Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Sep 3, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #331 of 2,994

Quote:
BEG releasing new stuff this month! Very curious to know how they will perform.

Who's BEG and why are you not posting videos?
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #333 of 2,994
Not a fan of BEG. Dunno, just doesn't do it for me.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #335 of 2,994
My interest on K-pop have grown over the last month, i had just a few songs on my computer before. It's just incredible how massive the production actually is. It's like bollywood, an endless stream of new groups and songs, when did this occur ?

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #336 of 2,994

Quote:
My interest on K-pop have grown over the last month, i had just a few songs on my computer before. It's just incredible how massive the production actually is. It's like bollywood, an endless stream of new groups and songs, when did this occur ?

Probably around the BOA, SES, RAIN, and DBSK periods? They manufacture idols like crazy...

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #338 of 2,994

Quote:
yeah but i feel like in the past 2 years there is really an explosion, look at this channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/LOENENT#p/u. There is so much it's impossible to track...

I felt it too. They suddenly overtook Japanese pop. I couldn't stop myself from pressing replay on this...

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #339 of 2,994
^ Since you posted miss A, I might as well post my favorite song from the album.

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #341 of 2,994

Quote:
^ Since you posted miss A, I might as well post my favorite song from the album.

I actually really like this one too.  It's just my style of electronica. Kind of American-sounding. I just realized two of the members were Chinese and I think Fei looks like Sex Is Zero actress, Ji-Won Ha.

Quote:
Any mention of Khalil Fong yet? One of my favorite artists ever. Neo-Soul is almost unheard of in the Chinese music industry, but he pulls it off beautifully. His voice is also amazing.

I know Khalil! I really liked it voice but something about hip hop bothers me is that the singers sound way too similar. If he changed his style to be a bit more different, he might grab my attention.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #342 of 2,994

Quote:
Any mention of Khalil Fong yet? One of my favorite artists ever. Neo-Soul is almost unheard of in the Chinese music industry, but he pulls it off beautifully. His voice is also amazing.

Hm interesting. I'll need to find some more songs by him. He reminds me of the Taiwanese-American singer VanNess Wu.

放手 - Fangshou - Let Go

Listen to Your Heart

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #343 of 2,994

Quote:
I know Khalil! I really liked it voice but something about hip hop bothers me is that the singers sound way too similar. If he changed his style to be a bit more different, he might grab my attention.

He's not hip-hop though. His older stuff is neo-soul/RnB (his best work), and his newer stuff is more pop/RnB (a bit dissapointing). He's got one of the most unique voices in the Chinese music industry, and honestly, I can't find anyone who sounds similar to him.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #344 of 2,994

Quote:
Hm interesting. I'll need to find some more songs by him. He reminds me of the Taiwanese-American singer VanNess Wu.

Hmm, I'm not really seeing it. The only Chinese singer he sounds like to me is David Tao (and only his first two albums). 

Try listening to these songs: 蘇麗珍, 够不够, 認識你, 哪怕, and 糖不甩 (By Fiona Sit, song composed but not sung by him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back