Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jul 23, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,041 of 2,994
They're probably one of my most beloved underground band HK.
Maybe Hongkongers might understand what they're singing and direct to whom :D ...
Nope , I'm no HK , I'm SG , but I'm Cantonese and I love the way how they 吊你老母 含家柃 .:D

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/dRpgPvUNaiI[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/eNbAuVGnsMQ[/VIDEO]

Enjoy the 含家柃 by LMF

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #2,042 of 2,994
@music818, thanks for all the great selections, do you have any Lily Chan HD video?

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #2,043 of 2,994
@music818, thanks for all the great selections, do you have any Lily Chan HD video?

L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #2,044 of 2,994
Thank you so so much.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #2,045 of 2,994
One of my current favorite Korean singer/songwriters is Baek Yerin. Before her, I never really cared for R&B, but she has a very expressive and unique artistry in her approach to R&B. And she's only 19:

Her previous single, "Across the Universe" was my favorite song from 2015, and the EP "Frank" was my favorite album from 2015:

Mamamoo's Solar released a few cover songs recently, and this one is particularly lovely:

Lee Soo Young (another of my favorites) previously covered this song too, and it was a nice bossa nova version:

Speaking of Mamamoo (I'm a huge fan), the last song they released was for a LG G5 commercial, but it was such a great song (and the music video is just so cute). Listen to that harmony right off the bat when the song begins:

Mamamoo's male counterpart, Vromance, just debuted, and it's excellent:

Wonder Girls is back, still continuing as a band, and this time they're doing reggae-influenced pop:

A song I really like from last year was Stellar's "Sting." I don't think it's been posted yet:

I didn't read the entire thread (136 pages? Are you kidding me?) but has anyone heard the opening to Tokyo ghoul's first season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfZuBU6g5I&feature=share
Pretty great.

Nice. Very dynamic and prog rock sounding. I haven't heard of Tokyo Ghoul, but the premise sounds really interesting, so I'm going to check it out. 

I've always liked that song. Smooth jazz pop is like a specialty for Japan and Korea -- I just don't hear other countries do it that much. Too bad it's not trendy anymore, although there are still Japanese City Pop artists releasing new stuff. K-Pop and K-Indie dip their toes into that genre sometimes too.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #2,046 of 2,994
Nice. Very dynamic and prog rock sounding. I haven't heard of Tokyo Ghoul, but the premise sounds really interesting, so I'm going to check it out.

If you do I beg of you please read the manga indtead of the anime. Manga readers rated it the best manga to end in 2014 (naruto ended that same year) it is definitely the best manga I've read, and Sui Ishida has the ability to give a manga the beauty of poetry almost. I feel like I'm reading a work by Poe, like it already is a classic and it most definitely is the first manga to completely throw me for a loop (there are some real shockers in there. I've held my breath through entire chapters.)
If you finish it Tokyo ghoul:re is the continuation.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #2,047 of 2,994
If you do I beg of you please read the manga indtead of the anime. Manga readers rated it the best manga to end in 2014 (naruto ended that same year) it is definitely the best manga I've read, and Sui Ishida has the ability to give a manga the beauty of poetry almost. I feel like I'm reading a work by Poe, like it already is a classic and it most definitely is the first manga to completely throw me for a loop (there are some real shockers in there. I've held my breath through entire chapters.)
If you finish it Tokyo ghoul:re is the continuation.

So the anime version is just not worth it? This can happen sometimes, and it can go both ways. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,048 of 2,994
So the anime version is just not worth it? This can happen sometimes, and it can go both ways. 

The anime tried to fit 143 chapters into 24 episodes, and still couldn't get the story right. So even though it was a fantastic anime, it's kind of like a book vs movie thing, exept this time 10x worse than the manga. Don't get me wrong, I even watched and thoroughly enjoyed the anime first, but reading the manga has changed my opinion of the anime version completely.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,051 of 2,994
As for jazzy and R&B ballads I prefer Indonesian singers in Asia. Yuna for example easily competes with black singers. Black people consider Yuna as their own.

Indonesian language ( of Austronesian origin) suits jazzy and fusion music very well. Also Indonesian singers are free from SWAG which makes modern black R&B unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back