Artists on Head-fi?
Dec 5, 2010 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

WhiteCrow

Is not fooled by rapper-endorsed products.
Any artists on here? I am one any one care to spread the love and share some work?
My main medium good old pencil and paper. I dabble in painting and digital mediums if you consider photography an art form I'M TOTALLY THERE!!!
some recent work.

I know its kind of disproportionate, but I was drawing from a picture....and all FF characters are disproportionate.

an alternate version of a picture....just messing around with the gradient tool and having a good laugh in a class.

The original image, sorry about the lossy lettering went from a PDF to a PGN in pain*ewwwwwwwwww* not to mad for doing this along with another picture in 30min.

the second drawing I did in that 30 min period, I hate the big black outline of the cup...but heh what ya gonna do. I also am doing a hand drawn render of this one with ALLOT more detail.

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 20
I do art every once in a while. Its really fun, but I haven't done anything recently. It's hard to find time now. Here's a link to my deviantart. I've been dabbling in photoshop painting in my most recent stuff. Don't feel like clicking the link? That's okay:

^^^I know it looks bad. It's my first stab at watercolor. Fun though. I did this way before I knew of head-fi. I've been a headphone lover for a while. I'm really happy I found this place 
smily_headphones1.gif

I love graffiti, even thought I'm not very good at it lol. 

I love art threads. Can't wait to see ya'lls works.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 20
@neato.............................I'm very jelly over your photoshop skills.... I need a tablet I cant do crap with a mouse hahahahahaah. do you use a tablet or do you just rock that hard?

Quote:
I actually am an artist but my work is too lude for this forum.

^^^ I LIKE IT!!!!!
@Fatcat, great work man I like pottery as well ahahah I'm like 8th term at my school in ceramics calss....I would have a giant stone top hat but it got dropped on the way to the kiln becasue THEY ARE BABY MEN!!!! psh cant lift a 100 pound hat....it was very large.

@calexico, thast some wicked art right there, very digital feeling what program did you do that in? it almost looks like illistartor work.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 20
sub'd

i do a lot of 3d work max/zbrush that sort of thing. i'll be sure to post something soon :)

@fatcat28037

love it! particularly like the candle holders! is your work for sale or is personal projects only?

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 20
Gosh, you guys are amazing. That's some cool stuff, neato. I like the darker/low key stuff you do.
I'm horrible at drawing, but I guess that's because I never really tried to learn. I'd like to someday, but I've been so busy with school.
My "thing" is mostly photography; more towards low contrast, smooth black&whites.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #11 of 20
Hobby sketching only - that too, sci fi is pretty much where I am:

My Deviant Art Portfolio: http://appophylite.deviantart.com/

A few of the images:

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 20

Thanks patalp!

Quote:
@neato.............................I'm very jelly over your photoshop skills.... I need a tablet I cant do crap with a mouse hahahahahaah. do you use a tablet or do you just rock that hard?

Thanks WhiteCrow!  Yes I use a tablet. No way I could do that with a mouse, lol. It's a lot of fun playing with pressure sensitivity and stuff.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #13 of 20

Quote:
Thanks patalp!

Quote:

Thanks WhiteCrow!  Yes I use a tablet. No way I could do that with a mouse, lol. It's a lot of fun playing with pressure sensitivity and stuff.

Yea I thought so, I used a mouse for the pirate drawings hahaha on a computer that takes 20 min to finish  blur tool line.....I hate my schools computers.
On a related note what tablet do you use? I need to buy one as I plan to do environmental art or character art for video games as a career and in the market for one.

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #14 of 20

Quote:
Yea I thought so, I used a mouse for the pirate drawings hahaha on a computer that takes 20 min to finish  blur tool line.....I hate my schools computers.
On a related note what tablet do you use? I need to buy one as I plan to do environmental art or character art for video games as a career and in the market for one.

I use a medium Intuos4. It's a great tablet. Although, I haven't ever used another one, so I can't compare. But ya, once you get a tablet, blending is so much easier. And it's pretty much a necessity if you're going to do any kind of digital painting.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
Quote:

I use a medium Intuos4. It's a great tablet. Although, I haven't ever used another one, so I can't compare. But ya, once you get a tablet, blending is so much easier. And it's pretty much a necessity if you're going to do any kind of digital painting.

Yea, whats the priceing look like on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back