Article on Outrageous Audiophile Equipment
Oct 12, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #16 of 43
Evilking is on the right track, but he gives the products he singled out too much credit -- rather than doing nothing, some of those items likely make your system sound worse.

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Orpheus or Nordost cables? Forshame

Hey, the Valhallas aren't THAT great. The Valhalla speaker cables sounded great, but I recently got the Virtual Dynamics Genesis speaker cables, and haven't looked back since. Maybe Odin might do better than the Valhallas, but I woudln't be surprised if the Genesis smacks the Odin down as well.

I've already spent too much on cables...somebody give me another 15K, and i'll be happy to do a comparison between the two.
orphsmile.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #18 of 43
So the basic strategy this website took was to bombard people with either the stupidest gadgets they could find (see: Magic Pebbles) and the most expensive pieces of equipment to make people jealous of those who have that kind of money to throw around, thus inciting the audiophile hate which permeates the internet with such fervor.

Bravo.

...wanna get me a clearaudio table though...

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the basic strategy this website took was to bombard people with either the stupidest gadgets they could find (see: Magic Pebbles) and the most expensive pieces of equipment to make people jealous of those who have that kind of money to throw around, thus inciting the audiophile hate which permeates the internet with such fervor.

Bravo.

...wanna get me a clearaudio table though...

Relax man and enjoy. Don't take things like that so seriously!

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 43
My apologies if I seemed a little tense. Over the past few days I've been hearing more and more about how I'm "stupid" for spending what I have on audio. I'm just tired of people who don't care about the sound quality I like telling me its stupid to care.

</rant>

Seriously...Clearaudio table...mmm.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #21 of 43
Where can I get some of these "Magic Pebbles"? They sound intriguing . . .

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I get some of these "Magic Pebbles"? They sound intriguing . . .

I'll send some to you. How much money do you have?
icon10.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My apologies if I seemed a little tense. Over the past few days I've been hearing more and more about how I'm "stupid" for spending what I have on audio. I'm just tired of people who don't care about the sound quality I like telling me its stupid to care.

</rant>

Seriously...Clearaudio table...mmm.

Oh I hear that all the time too...especially after I got my speaker cables... people give me more crap for cables than any other gear.
mad.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I hear that all the time too...especially after I got my speaker cables... people give me more crap for cables than any other gear.
mad.gif

If you hear the difference, and you enjoy the new sound, and you're happy with your purchase, then, that's all that matters.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of it is ridiculous, but they have to admit that cable are microphonic and isolation would help

Wrong. What the heck makes you think microphonics would affect an ELECTRICAL SIGNAL going through a wire? What on earth posesses people to believe that if they took a wire and shot electricity through it and then blasted music at it that it would actually affect the signal going through it? It's utter BS in my opinion, as many of the products actually are on that site.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wallet says not.
blink.gif

If your wallet says not, then you're obviously not happy with your purchase. Why do that to yourself?

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong. What the heck makes you think microphonics would affect an ELECTRICAL SIGNAL going through a wire? What on earth posesses people to believe that if they took a wire and shot electricity through it and then blasted music at it that it would actually affect the signal going through it? It's utter BS in my opinion, as many of the products actually are on that site.

You're neglecting or choosing not to consider all of the theoretical possibilities.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your wallet says not, then you're obviously not happy with your purchase. Why do that to yourself?

Oh my ears love it. But my wallet says that a MSRP 22k cable is too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back