ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Jun 19, 2003 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sick and tired of it! SPAM e-mails! I keep getting them everyday! Why can't they just leave me the hell alone???!!!!

I got MailWasher but even it isn't cutting it anymore. I get these stupid, annoying, e-mails from my old professors (don't they realize that the semester ended a long time ago, **** websites, and other messages filled with e-mail viruses!!!

Isn't there an anti-SPAM e-mail program that can automatically kill these stupid messages without me having to do anything? Please recommend something that works with Microsoft Outlook. Thanks!

Jun 19, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 20
One thing that will help...

Get a dummy email address... Hotmail, Yahoo or something like that. Anything you post on the web that might have people (like us!) respond to will go to this address. Only use your home address for family & friends. Since I started this I only get about 1 spam message a week now. Anyone here I might correspond with here ususally gets it from the home account. If you use your main account in public that's where alot of crazyness begins. Might not help now but it'll make a difference next time.

Jun 19, 2003 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 20
Daniel Mohr <timmanchester@freshskins.com>

To :
matthew spaltro <ferretface40@hotmail.com>

Subject :
matthew spaltro you can watch 12 girls at once

Date :
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:46:10 -0400 (EDT

Jun 19, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 20
do you have an ISP?

have them give you another address with no forwarding. have them delete the old account.

then log into your new account and create a new sub email account.

ONLY give out the new email account.

if it starts to get spammed, create a new email account, and delete the one you created. repeat as necessary.

my ISP can have up to 5 sub email accounts. i therefore will have one for work, one for training, one for XP, one for ****, one for forums, etc.

it works.

Jun 19, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 20
i use yahoo mail.. i never get any spam eccept the occaisional ad from yahoo... i want **** spam
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2003 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 20
I go through hitting delete and occasionaly wipe stuff I wanted. Pisses me off, but not sure what to do about it other than new and or multiple mail accounts. Too much trouble.

Jun 20, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 20
Legislation is the only answer. Spam should be illegal, period. Only double opt-in newsletters. Write your congressman. Actually, i don't think you have to cause they're getting burned with it, too. (Probably more---damn !)

Jun 20, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #11 of 20
I had the same problem, so I am using mail washer. It seems to be helping quite abit, though I still get some spam. However, I can preview my mail first, and now I have the satisfaction of deleting it off the server
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #12 of 20
I don't get spam. I did get several emails with no subject and no sender information. I just deleted them with out opening them and I haven't gotten another in several weeks.

I did get **** emails at my nra email address. Which I only gave out to two websites. One was M&M's and the other was to watch that video of the football player wreaking havoc in the office commercial.

Jun 20, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #13 of 20
You can select the junk mail filter and set it to high. Every e-mail except the one from sender on your save list will be delivered to junk mail folder. But you should still check the junk mail folder to see if there is any important e-mail from person not on your saved lists there (your parents, you new girlfriend...)

Jun 20, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #15 of 20
If you use outlook, try spamnet. It works pretty well, and it's user based. If one does leak through, then you can click on it to say it's spam and it'll update everyone elses. It catches about 90% of the stuff that yahoo let's through (i use Yahoo's POP service)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back