ARRRGHH , i hate u europe and ur 1.5mW !!!
Feb 8, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by maurus
You mean that if I deactivate the AVLS, already I has the European model Sony D-ne300 to 5mW, instead of a 1,5 mW?

Tell me you YES....

or can I upgrade the firmware of Sony D-NE300 for remove that limitation?

-Maurus

Nope, sorry... I think that they are somehow hardware-limited...
confused.gif

I sold my Sony D-NE511 because of the volume limit, but the limit only bothered me when I was in public transport listening to classics, other than that, with today's (dynamics-commpressed) music I rearly even had the urge to "crank up" the volume.

After that I bought an iRiver imp-400 wich didn't have any volume limit, listened at volume of 25 max (out of 40) in the same conditiones with stock earbuds, but after buying PX-200, I settled for 20 max.
280smile.gif

Cheers,

Feb 23, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #47 of 53
F..k the E.U.... I have ordered me a Sony D-NE300 in the States, don't care I have to pay more, just want me a proper player with enough output to power my PX100's.....
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildebassman
F..k the E.U.... I have ordered me a Sony D-NE300 in the States, don't care I have to pay more, just want me a proper player with enough output to power my PX100's.....
tongue.gif

The minidisc.org forums have documented a method to release the volume restriction on Sony minidisc recorders by entering "service mode" and changing the region code.

Hopefully someone will find a way to achieve the same thing with the portable cd players aswell.

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #49 of 53
I think sony is stupid, I mean they have the AVLS system yet in their latest players its completely useless because the damn players are already volume limited! Why don't they remove the EU cap and sell all their players with the AVLS system automatically turned on, and the switch to turn it off hidden in the battery compartment for example. Maybe then all those dumbass teenagers won't go deaf because they're too retarted to figure out how to turn the AVLS off or even know what the heck it is! Responsible folks who know how to read the manual will figure it out and read the warnings before switching AVLS off.

sorted!
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuMart
The minidisc.org forums have documented a method to release the volume restriction on Sony minidisc recorders by entering "service mode" and changing the region code.

Hopefully someone will find a way to achieve the same thing with the portable cd players aswell.

I hope for that as well. It is a pain to import into the UK since you will likely get taxed for it.

Feb 23, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #51 of 53
I think that one major nuance that people in this thread have cosistantly failed to grasp is : kids are in the equation! Ie if the equipment was just for adults, then one could simply stick a warning on the box - like with cigarets. Major difference from cigarets is that walkmans are available freely to any age group (warnings or not, children have no legal access to cigarets/alcochol). The only GOOD and ETHICAL way out is: to introduce two identical lines of walkmans: for UNDER 18 and another line for self deciding and smart adults. It might seem rediculous, but if you think about it - then it does make sense.
I do understand that children/teens HAVE to be protected in such a way, but also adults should not suffer because of that. I ,as an adult, HATE having such cap.

Feb 23, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #52 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Not necessarily, and I for one think the volume limitation is a total waste of time. I know why Sony do it, but I for one can't imagine why they can't implement it in a way which would let the stupid wreck their hearing with the stock buds and the informed have a wider choice of headphones to use unamped. .

if what you mean is that the ear buds that come with the players have a volume limitation and not the player itself- this is sensible. kids would not think of buying different headphones and just use the volume limited earbuds - problem solved.

Mar 7, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #53 of 53
I have the D-NE300 bought in Spain and the limitation of the power of sound has not seemed me so poor. I hoped that the subject was more serious....

It drive well the next earphones:

Sony MDR-EDXX series and Senn MX450 (both 16 Ohms), with half volume.

Sennheiser MX400/500 with 32 ohms, a little past the half, in my travels in the subway. Very good sinergy with the MX500.

And the headphones:

Senn PX100 (32 ohms), near the maximun volume. I see good sinergy between the Sony D-NE300 and the PX100. Not so good with the PX200.

Senn HD497 (32 ohms), near the maximum volume. Also good sinergy.

I drive will also the canalphones Sony EX71, also near the maximun volume.

My model is in colour blue and not has switchable G-PROTECTION. In my test the Parametric EQ it's OFF.

Another experiences with this european model or another eropean Sony models?

Thanks.

-Maurus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back