Arrested Development cancelled? The possible demise of an amazing tv show.
Feb 14, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
I loved the part where Annyong's real name, "One Day" in korean, is pronounced "Hello" in english.

That's odd... I speak korean and "One Day" in korean doesn't sounding anything like "Hello" in english at all (unless of course I have a complete brain fart right now causing me to forget my native tongue)... Damn I must have missed an episode... for the love...
confused.gif
I'm going to have to find the last episode on bittorrent or something and see what this whole "one day" sounding like "hello" is all about.

Will report back...

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #32 of 43
Keep in mind that, though very rare, there is a chance the writers just made that up for humour's sake. Though, being a fan for a long time, they really don't tend to make stuff up very often, even the minute details are actually real or logically explainable.

Feb 14, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphiremodena

[SPOILER ALERT!]Well, as it turns out (because of Lindsay being adopted) the GM and Maeby stuff wasn't incestuous, nor was Lindsay/Michael, nor GOB/Lindsay, nor even Nellie/Michael... did I miss any other combinations? There were a lot, indeed. .[/SPOILER ALERT!]

I think we should also include the constant mother-son sexual tension between Lucille and Buster. Plus, who does Buster finally have sex with? Lucille 2.

One other "incestuous" story line that came out (so to speak) in the final episodes was Tobias' crush on Michael.

Oh yeah, what about Lucille having sex with her brother-in-law, Oscar. I used to crack up when Buster would greet him with, "hello, Uncle/Father" (or somting along those lines).
tongue.gif

Clearly, sexual abberation is/was commonplace for the Bluth clan.

Feb 14, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #35 of 43
The very first episode's "On the next" had one of the funniest moments where George Michael was in the back with Maebe on his lap, and Michael said "looks like it's going to get bumpy". The poor kid.

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
i think this show is abhorently lousy

.............puts on flame suit and jumps out window.................

The running joke of the bluth family NOT knowing how to imitate a chicken always cracks my family up - especially when they all join in because they're trying to make fun of Michael by calling him chicken - then going into those awful chicken imitations - "kkokookaak!"
icon10.gif

At least that, you should giggle at!

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
The running joke of the bluth family NOT knowing how to imitate a chicken always cracks my family up - especially when they all join in because they're trying to make fun of Michael by calling him chicken - then going into those awful chicken imitations - "kkokookaak!"
icon10.gif

At least that, you should giggle at!

Yes!
tongue.gif

...and pretty much every line that Tobias (David Cross) has had is hysterical....
icon10.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphiremodena
Keep in mind that, though very rare, there is a chance the writers just made that up for humour's sake. Though, being a fan for a long time, they really don't tend to make stuff up very often, even the minute details are actually real or logically explainable.

Very true. I just watched the final episode of Arrested Development and yes, Anyoung's real name of "Hello" is definitely something the writers made up. But after some careful searching, I've found why they put "One Day" when he said it even though in Korean "one day" is said "han nal."

If anyone noticed, in the episode "Afternoon Delight," Michael retrieves the banana stand at the beginning where the graffiti on it says, "IM GOING TO GET YOU BLUTH HELLO." Obviously this was Anyoung's doing, because the way they producers used it, the message obviously translates to, "IM GOING TO GET YOU BLUTH ONE DAY." Very clever on the writers part, which just shows the absolute genius of this show.

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #41 of 43
NBC and ABC are very, very unlikely to pick it up. So it's basically up to Showtime to pick it up. They have made offers to pick AD up but the original creator, Mitch Hurwitz, must be on board or else they do not want the show. I think this is really great that they only want to pick up the show if the quality is there - makes me trust Showtime's support of Mitch's creative freedom to run his own show.

Generally speaking, the most reliable and up-to-date source on anything AD is Kristin from E!Online. A couple weeks ago she said that a reliable source told her that the show had only about a 20/80 chance of being picked up by Showtime (20% to be picked up, 80% to be finished) but today, she says that a very reliable source tells her it is closer to 50/50 chance!:

http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Board...jspa?annID=414

"Hey all --

I, too, have seen the report on betterthanfudge.com that Arrested has been picked up for 12 episodes.

My source (*Very reliable*) says:

"No deal yet. It's closer, but not done. The chances are now 50/50."

Yee!!!

So good news -- it looks like Arrested could be saved!

Go Bluths!"

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #43 of 43
It's going to be a real shame if Showtime doesn't pick this show up. It's too good to let go!

My current favorite quote:

GOB: Hey guy, they tell me your the guy who plays Marta's brother Teo.
Actor: Como?
GOB: Oh, you're going to be in a como all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back