Arrested Development cancelled? The possible demise of an amazing tv show.
Nov 25, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #16 of 43
Okay, guys. It's all my fault. Every show I've ever watched & followed on FOX has been canceled.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nov 25, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 43
I am so pissed right now. I just found this thread and I can't believe it (although I shouldn't be surprised). This is my favorite show on television right now. I rank it right up there with the likes of News Radio.

Good thing they didn't cancel Totally Outrageous Behavior Caught on Tape. I am so relieved that we still have that. What ever would I do without my TOBCOT. Let's all be sure to watch TOBCOT. Between AD and TOBCOT, I'll take TOBCOT every day and twice on Sunday.

Feb 11, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #21 of 43
That was indeed William Huang making a guest appearance. I think that was the highlight of the two-hour finale!

The episodes were some of the best of the series (right up there with "Shoot me!" and "I have the responsibility to tell you that...") and FOX ran them all in a two-hour time block on a Friday night. SHAME ON THEM!

It was the only show that I watched on cable television. I also watch Curb your Enthusiasm, but being on HBO, that's a different story altogether. Plus, I don't get HBO.
frown.gif
It makes me think that, if this was the only thing that made me interested in television, maybe I am not the kind of person to watch TV. I've decided that the little amount of TV I watch now may materialize into absolutlely nothing. Goodbye, cruel, idiotic cable world!

I agree with the link posted - I think much of Arrested Development's lack of success has to do with the overall idiotic viewing audience. All of those fat, Christian, slobby middle-American women don't want to watch anything truly great on TV - only dumb reality shows that people can 'relate' to. People, for some reason, don't want to view anything unique. A sad thing about humanity in general...

It's kind of interesting how a television show can bring realizations like this to an individual - it's also sad to see how well this show symbolizes the lack of intelligence mainstream America has.

Feb 11, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #22 of 43
A true, true travesty to the world of television. The show is and always be in my mind absolute genius. I'm really hoping that something will come through so that this show is continued somewhere else, because the idiots at FOX are really letting a great show slip through their finger.

COME ON!

Feb 11, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #23 of 43
Myself and 5 other friends watched the entire three seasons including the finale a few hours ago. Excellent show.. but the fact that it builds on itself so well may hurt it in the end.

Oh, and nicely done ojnihs
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #24 of 43
Wow, that was great, they really finished off with a great final four episodes. Everything came full circle and just... I'm amazed at how well everything played out in the end. I was a bit worried that the storylines may have suffered because of the abrupt cancellation, but you gotta give it to the writers, everything was golden, and considering the circumstances, that is amazing.

I am gonna miss this show so badly. It's like I'm having my three-year old baby taken away from me. In all my years I've never cared even half this much about any other TV shows, ever. Except for maybe Rescue Rangers (Ch-ch-ch-chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers!!) but then again... I was like, six.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #25 of 43
I absolutely love this show but am I the only slightly weirded out by the whole incest obsessed theme of the last couple of shows? Don't get me wrong the shows were super funny and even all the incest stuff was funny but did none of it slightly creep you out? I mean there was a lot of it.

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #26 of 43

[SPOILER ALERT!]Well, as it turns out (because of Lindsay being adopted) the GM and Maeby stuff wasn't incestuous, nor was Lindsay/Michael, nor GOB/Lindsay, nor even Nellie/Michael... did I miss any other combinations? There were a lot, indeed. That being said, when GOB went to hit on Lindsay, yeah it was creepy, but that's just GOB being GOB; he's always creepy. The stuff with Michael and Nellie was quite funny when you're aware that the two are siblings in real life (Jason and Justine Bateman) and it was so funny how uncomfortable he looked when Nellie kissed her finger and then touched Michael's lips. Jason had said in interviews that they had been tossing this plotline idea around for a very long time but hadn't been able yet to work it in to the plot yet. I was really happy that they were able to fit it in there so seamlessly.[/SPOILER ALERT!]

Feb 13, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #27 of 43
^ You missed the incest between GOB's estranged son, Steve Holt and Maebe! I am slightly disapponted that characters like Barry Zuckercorn and Kitty Sanchez didn't make an appearance in any of the final episodes though. I loved the part where Annyong's real name, "One Day" in korean, is pronounced "Hello" in english.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
^ You missed the incest between GOB's estranged son, Steve Holt and Maebe! I am slightly disapponted that characters like Barry Zuckercorn and Kitty Sanchez didn't make an appearance in any of the final episodes though. I loved the part where Annyong's real name, "One Day" in korean, is pronounced "Hello" in english.

Whoops, yup I left that one out. Even then though, they weren't actually cousins. I love that line earlier this season about how if they did have kids, they would be dumb.
Now it makes sense why Annyong was hiding in the walls in one of the earlier episodes: he was indeed the mole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back