Aroma audio product impressions.
Oct 26, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,726 of 1,881
My universal Fei Wan arrived today. Absolutely love this IEM. It has a warm and full analogue characteristic that keeps a high degree of excitement and musicality. Top class technicals and just overall a joy to listen to. I am considering buying these as a CIEM, but I’ll decide over the weekend. :)

Eletech Sonnet of Adam not included unfortunately 😭

IMG_7150.jpegIMG_7152.jpegIMG_7070.jpeg

Oct 27, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #1,727 of 1,881
Congrats Bobby, Fei Wan is a fantastic set 🤩

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #1,729 of 1,881
Does anyone who’s sent Aroma ear mould impressions know what their criteria is for moulds? Do they have a guide anywhere online or suggest open/closed mouth etc? Thanks.
It was weird for aroma they told me to not use a sound block. For FIR they asked me to use sound block.

How would you compare Jewel vs Fei Wan if put into words?

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #1,730 of 1,881
It was weird for aroma they told me to not use a sound block. For FIR they asked me to use sound block.

How would you compare Jewel vs Fei Wan if put into words?

Strange. I spoke to the owner of aroma directly and he told me to use open mouth with a bite block? lol.

The FW is a warmer and more full bodied sound compared to Jewel. There’s much more bass and treble detail giving it a slight U shaped sound signature. It still retains a very high level of detail and resolution but aims for a different sound to Jewel. It’s a complementary co flagship, aroma did an outstanding job with it imo. I just sent moulds yesterday to MusicTeck so I can order it as a CIEM. It’ll lean towards RN6 ish type sound rather than Jewel.

Oct 31, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #1,731 of 1,881
Strange. I spoke to the owner of aroma directly and he told me to use open mouth with a bite block? lol.

The FW is a warmer and more full bodied sound compared to Jewel. There’s much more bass and treble detail giving it a slight U shaped sound signature. It still retains a very high level of detail and resolution but aims for a different sound to Jewel. It’s a complementary co flagship, aroma did an outstanding job with it imo. I just sent moulds yesterday to MusicTeck so I can order it as a CIEM. It’ll lean towards RN6 ish type sound rather than Jewel.
Good description, thanks!

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #1,732 of 1,881
Big shot out to NPaudio in the UK to mod my A100TB. Changed all caps and the Tantalum for both A100TB and PowerSupply. Moreover, this is the best mod I can see to fit the dual Sparkos 22590pro inside. Absolutely amazing work!

Check how many caps he installed. This is like completely reborn device

Attachments

• 20231108_174724.jpg
    20231108_174724.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231108_180018.jpg
    20231108_180018.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,733 of 1,881
Big shot out to NPaudio in the UK to mod my A100TB. Changed all caps and the Tantalum for both A100TB and PowerSupply. Moreover, this is the best mod I can see to fit the dual Sparkos 22590pro inside. Absolutely amazing work!

Check how many caps he installed. This is like completely reborn device
Why modify an incredible amp like the A100TB in such a crazy way? I'm speechless

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,734 of 1,881
Why modify an incredible amp like the A100TB in such a crazy way? I'm speechless
Well, apparently, it will sound even better. According to NPAudio, the Decon caps used are low-sepcs caps. We upgrade all of them to the high-specs ones. And mod to fit my lovely SS2590 Pros in so its fully portable without need to have an opening lid.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #1,735 of 1,881
I got to say I am pretty amazed that so many people do so many mods to that amp, I thought since the amp was already a very capable device, no modifications would be needed. I wonder how much of a difference it made for the upgrades. I never even listened to the amp and am curious about how much of an improvement gap/gain it made, true story.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #1,736 of 1,881
I got to say I am pretty amazed that so many people do so many mods to that amp, I thought since the amp was already a very capable device, no modifications would be needed. I wonder how much of a difference it made for the upgrades. I never even listened to the amp and am curious about how much of an improvement gap/gain it made, true story.
My experience: The A100TB, together with its optional but advisable power supply, is simply a fantastic Amp. It doesn't need anything.
However, it was built to be able to change the operational amplifiers and allow the use of different types.
I tried replacing the stock ones with Burson V5i D and V6 Vivid, and I had a further improvement in the already superb performance of this Amp.
But then again, the A100TB is already fantastic from stock. Congratulations to Aroma for this little magical box

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #1,737 of 1,881
My experience: The A100TB, together with its optional but advisable power supply, is simply a fantastic Amp. It doesn't need anything.
However, it was built to be able to change the operational amplifiers and allow the use of different types.
I tried replacing the stock ones with Burson V5i D and V6 Vivid, and I had a further improvement in the already superb performance of this Amp.
But then again, the A100TB is already fantastic from stock. Congratulations to Aroma for this little magical box
Since you use the sp3000, I have a quick q for you.

Regarding these amps for iems, since most daps are already powerful enough for most iems, I am still having trouble understanding how the portable amp in addition to the chain helps. I am not denying that it does not as many reviews says it does, but am just not understanding the "why" does it help part of it.

Could you please attempt an explain?

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #1,738 of 1,881

Regarding these amps for iems, since most daps are already powerful enough for most iems, I am still having trouble understanding how the portable amp in addition to the chain helps. I am not denying that it does not as many reviews says it does, but am just not understanding the "why" does it help part of it.

My experience is that the amp part inside DAP is not good enough.

You can never fit a large op-amp or have so many caps to regulate the power inside the DAP. For me, lineout to A100TB vs N7 is night-day difference.

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,739 of 1,881

The advantage of using an amp is above all in terms of greater dynamics, and allows IEMs like Jewel, for example, to show their full potential, thanks to the superior power they receive from the amp.
However the SP3000 is already fantastic.
But the SP3000+ A100TB combo is superb

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #1,740 of 1,881
Has anyone compare jewel to fei wan? I heard fei wan and is far superior to jewel. I tried jewel and is not my cup of tea. Bass is lean for a DD hybrid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back