Aroma audio product impressions.
Oct 2, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,696 of 1,878
:astonished: that's highly unusual but i think aroma will take care of this under warranty? if that fails and you really wants one, pentaconn offers some "anti-vibration" slider (which i don't think it worths the cost or make a difference at all!)

https://www.masterteamhk.com/en-in/products/pentaconn-slider
The stock cable is so bad in terms of both build and sound that I will just leave it be. I was just annoyed that they left my Y splitter out.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #1,697 of 1,878
The stock cable is so bad in terms of both build and sound that I will just leave it be. I was just annoyed that they left my Y splitter out.
:slight_smile: that's what i'm thinking too. most owners of jewel (except me) probably will do some cable rolling anyway so it doesn't really matter. but i understood the lack of QA disappointed. surely for iems at such price level.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,698 of 1,878
:slight_smile: that's what i'm thinking too. most owners of jewel (except me) probably will do some cable rolling anyway so it doesn't really matter. but i understood the lack of QA disappointed. surely for iems at such price level.
On a positive note, it feels OK to upgrade cable without loss to have "paying for stock cable which will not be used" so maybe Aroma was accounting for that.

Will never know but the Jewel is a true Jewel. Very balanced great all around sound.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #1,699 of 1,878
Burnin is not an issue with Fei Wan, sounds great since first hours🤭
Not easy to take a good pics but looks very nice and shining 🤩

IMG_8623.jpeg
IMG_8625.jpeg

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #1,700 of 1,878
Want to enhance the A100TB.
I want to swap the preliminary stage OPAMPS to Burson V5i.

1. Should I buy two V5i or one or two V5di?

2. Which are the two preliminary opamps? Those close to the dip swithes or those close to the output four transistors?

Please advice.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,701 of 1,878
Burnin is not an issue with Fei Wan, sounds great since first hours🤭
Not easy to take a good pics but looks very nice and shining 🤩

Just wondering, is Fei Wan using material quality like Jewel? I mean the housing material.

Jewel is such precise and neutral sounding IEM, if Fei Wan can provide a little more energetic and musical character that would be awesome.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #1,702 of 1,878
Jewel is such precise and neutral sounding IEM, if Fei Wan can provide a little more energetic and musical character that would be awesome.
Jewel is very musical, as well as super balanced and capable of giving a detailed sound

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #1,703 of 1,878
Jewel is very musical, as well as super balanced and capable of giving a detailed sound

I agree about super balance and detail. Not "musical" enough for me though, still a bit at dry side. Currently my reference IEM for now is Radon 6.

I wonder if Fei Wan may lean to more energetic character (more bite/punch).

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,704 of 1,878
Just wondering, is Fei Wan using material quality like Jewel? I mean the housing material.

Fei Wan is exactly as you described it, a bit more bodied and forward giving to the listener a funnier/engaging presentation.
TBH Jewel has an amazing reference tuning, great for classic and acoustic music to my ears, but not all rounder as Fei Wan that is easier to drive and match with sources too.
There’s no winner, do you like apples or oranges more?🙄

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,705 of 1,878
I agree about super balance and detail. Not "musical" enough for me though, still a bit at dry side. Currently my reference IEM for now is Radon 6.

I wonder if Fei Wan may lean to more energetic character (more bite/punch).
I recently had on loan RN6 I’d say Fei wan has better mids and more forward sound, maybe RN6 has deeper sub bass but Fei Wan has a bit faster and punchier bass.

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #1,706 of 1,878
Fei Wan is exactly as you described it, a bit more bodied and forward giving to the listener a funnier/engaging presentation.
TBH Jewel has an amazing reference tuning, great for classic and acoustic music to my ears, but not all rounder as Fei Wan that is easier to drive and match with sources too.
There’s no winner, do you like apples or oranges more?🙄
I recently had on loan RN6 I’d say Fei wan has better mids and more forward sound, maybe RN6 has deeper sub bass but Fei Wan has a bit faster and punchier bass.
Thanks for the info man!

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,707 of 1,878
Oct 8, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #1,709 of 1,878
IMG_8292.jpeg

Bliss:

Aroma A100tb with Power Supply. 64Audio Tia Fourte on PWAudio 1950s shielded. Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,710 of 1,878
I was always curious about how much the power amp for IEMs make since I always naturally felt DAPs having enough power to power IEMs.

I stayed away partially of wanting to maintain some portability with just DAP and IEMs.

Anyone have some practical insight to this other than the typical "Power Amps /w IEMs Always!" type of statement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back