Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 19, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #991 of 1,881
not sure if I should go for a cayin n8ii or a a100tb to pair with my Jewels. Power plus on n8ii really sings with the Jewel

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #992 of 1,881
not sure if I should go for a cayin n8ii or a a100tb to pair with my Jewels. Power plus on n8ii really sings with the Jewel
Why not both? :wink:

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #993 of 1,881
Why not both? :wink:
I might get murdered by my wife. But tbh I can't think of much scenarios other than home and office use with the a100tb. Likewise the n8ii will be a lot less portable than my current dx320. Hibyplayer UI is not as good as mango player imo

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #994 of 1,881
Been cable rolling Thunder. Last cable was PWA 1950s 4 wire. A very expensive cable that seemed to do the trick for Thunder, so I used it all weekend. A few minutes ago I decided to try my PWA August Fun which is a 2 wire 1960s PWA cable. This seems to be just right. Will try a custom Dr Jugglrs I commissioned and a Satin Athena just because, but I think August Fun is the right one. We will see.
Another great cable for Thunder would be Monile Mk2 Shielding version.

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #995 of 1,881
I might get murdered by my wife. But tbh I can't think of much scenarios other than home and office use with the a100tb. Likewise the n8ii will be a lot less portable than my current dx320. Hibyplayer UI is not as good as mango player imo
Seems members in here actually more need another wife instead of another audio toy ... 😅

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #996 of 1,881
Been cable rolling Thunder. Last cable was PWA 1950s 4 wire. A very expensive cable that seemed to do the trick for Thunder, so I used it all weekend. A few minutes ago I decided to try my PWA August Fun which is a 2 wire 1960s PWA cable. This seems to be just right. Will try a custom Dr Jugglrs I commissioned and a Satin Athena just because, but I think August Fun is the right one. We will see.

I've stuck with Athena for now - that and using the Prime mode on the M9 has made a huge difference to Thunder for me.

I have a couple of Dr Juggles on loan from @armstrj2 which I'm planning to test over the next couple of days. And I really want to grab a Plussound at some point!

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #999 of 1,881
will be picking up my n8ii tomorrow I guess.

I gotta say the Jewel on vocals is really something. It has been a long while since I've really been wowed by the vocal performance of any iem. I'm really glad i gave up the Odin for the Jewel

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #1,000 of 1,881
I've stuck with Athena for now - that and using the Prime mode on the M9 has made a huge difference to Thunder for me.

I have a couple of Dr Juggles on loan from @armstrj2 which I'm planning to test over the next couple of days. And I really want to grab a Plussound at some point!
Satin Audio Perseus arrived this morning and I immediately connected it to Thunder. Last cable roll was August Fun PWA cable. Perseus was more dynamic and live sounding right out of the box. August Fun was occasionally screechy playing some treble. So was Perseus but lost it and gave more weight to notes after 2 hours. This is not a thousand dollar cable and MusicTech had a 15% discount on it. Perseus is a TOTL copper cable.

Jul 23, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #1,004 of 1,881
Well, Aroma audio Thunder ordered, so another kid in Town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back