Aroma audio product impressions.
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #466 of 1,891
Glad you asked haha! After several exchanges with Andrew, we have come to the conclusion that the the A100TB will not be able to take the SS3602 Dual Discrete babies. But I have another amp coming that would likely have the space; heard so many good things about them, can't wait to try! :L3000:
We’ll wait your feedback

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #467 of 1,891
Biggest blind buy leap of faith I've done to date, Jewel CIEM on order! Ain't no turning back now!

Must admit, a little bit of excitement is growing inside me to have these in hand and hearing how they pair with N8ii+Orph! Ordered with solid black shells and Bebula faceplates, should look alright and pair reasonably well with cable!

Wonder how long it'll take from today until receiving them, plus 300hrs burn in....:beyersmile:

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #468 of 1,891
Joined the Aroma Audio club, looking forward to becoming acquainted with Thunder...

20220421_114322.jpg

Apr 21, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #469 of 1,891
I have been demoed the Thunder a few times, would just like to ask the owners if it’s common for it to have driver flex? Like putting it in would flex and small adjustment will flex and snap. Would this be ok long term? I don’t remember the Jewel having as much driver flex when i demoed it.

Apr 21, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #470 of 1,891
I have been demoed the Thunder a few times, would just like to ask the owners if it’s common for it to have driver flex? Like putting it in would flex and small adjustment will flex and snap. Would this be ok long term? I don’t remember the Jewel having as much driver flex when i demoed it.

I have the Thunder demo with me at the moment, definitely a significant amount of driver flex. Very similar to the Empire Ears IEMs. I have no flex on my CIEM Jewel.

Apr 21, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #471 of 1,891
I have the Thunder demo with me at the moment, definitely a significant amount of driver flex. Very similar to the Empire Ears IEMs. I have no flex on my CIEM Jewel.
Thank you. At least i know it’s common with the Thunder. Hope it’s not going to affect it’s performance long term. Nice to know that going custom will help avoid driver flex.

Apr 21, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #472 of 1,891
Thank you. At least i know it’s common with the Thunder. Hope it’s not going to affect it’s performance long term. Nice to know that going custom will help avoid driver flex.

Well I have no clue if there’s no driver flex because it’s a CIEM. My CIEM Legend X I used to have also had driver flex. The universal Jewel I had rarely got it.

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #473 of 1,891

Yes I have driver flex in mine - it's actually the first time I've ever experienced it and it gave me cause for concern too. I reached out to Aroma via Messenger and they said:

"The sound appears when they are worn in the ear because they fit perfectly. A vacuum state appears, making the diaphragm of DD unit sound. This is normal or can be improved by changing to rubber sleeve"

It's a brief 'pop' only on insertion and I've since discovered not unusual with other brands too so I'm not concerned now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #474 of 1,891
Apr 22, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #476 of 1,891
Apr 24, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #477 of 1,891
I would like to understand how ACE stands and how it sounds. There is a lot of talk about Jewel and Thunder, putting a lot (perhaps too much) aside ACE. Is there a reason?
Ace was released in 2018. Back then, Aroma has Asia recognition only. Even though I recommended Ace on Head-Fi, it is pretty much inaccessible to those in the West. Had MusicTeck carry Aroma back in 2018, U18t, VE8, Anole VX and other multi BA IEMs will have reduced demand. For me, the Ace is the best multi BA IEM in the market. Even the Phönix stands 0 chance against it.

Apr 24, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #478 of 1,891
New Aroma member here as I ordered the Jewel universal yesterday.

I hope Andrew will send these beauties to me tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #479 of 1,891
On my 4th day with Thunder - it really has greatly exceed expectations and has hit a sweet spot for me in terms of it's technical prowess, and musical engagement levels - such a natural sounding IEM, that is fantastic with every genre I try - that is incredibly rare with other IEMs, I certainly can't say that for Traillii for example. The mix of mid and sub bass is fantastic, mids are just right for me - lush, but clear not too forward or intense, treble sits in an ideal spot too where I get enough zing but never harsh or sibilant... excellent soundstage with wonderful imaging and layering. Absolutely fantastic job from Aroma, I do hope more people take the plunge with Thunder, definitely deserves a lot more attention.

20220422_172842 copy.jpg

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #480 of 1,891
Do you feel its changing over time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back