Aroma audio product impressions.
Oct 28, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #271 of 1,874
Thanks @uckexk
So looks like what I expected and I’m looking for as endgamer… maybe I’ll put on liste some IEMs 😅

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #272 of 1,874
For those wondering where Xinlisupreme's W6.2 went I hasten to explain. Had them for quite a while now and listened to them with different sources and cables. On stock they are way too dark for my liking even though I usualy prefer a smoother top end with a bit emphasis on it's lower part. With W6.2 things were quite strange for me and for a second I was worried that they won't stick with me, as the first impression was rather underwhelming. That was, of course, before I've changed the cable and strangely the best pair-up I've had was with an EA Ares II, at least when it comes to tonality. I've found my Witches to be very sensitive when it comes t oboth cables and sources they are paired with and not only treble but also bass characteristics are prone to change along with cables and DAPs. Fiio M11 Plus LTD was a great source for them with it's mid-bass attenuation and a more forward upper mids and sparkly lower treble. They did sound more forward though and with a similar sound sig but a better technicality and more even tonality AK SE180 SEM2 is my weapon of choice along with Ares II. In that pairing I find them engaging and quite even, relatively smooth but with a very natural treble timbre even if the lower treble still is a tiny bit withdrawn. I was expecting a much more massive low-end but they are nowhere near the monstrous bass that my EE Nemesis serve. Instead the low end is rather calm, well defined but never lacking no matter if it comes to quantity or quality. But the best are the mids. Natural, organic and properly warm with good amount of energy and clarity. Still, 64 Audio Nio beat them in that regard, but Nio have the best midrange I've ever heard in IEMs. For now I'm quite sure they'll stick around for long. They've got that something that makes me wanna grab them almost every time I'm going to listen to IEMs unless there's a specific track I wanna hear on something else. Are they worth the MSRP Aroma Audio asks for them? Not necessarily, unless you have some cables to roll to see how prone to the cable rolling they are. Besides, you gotta find the right tips and for now I'm sticking with JVC Spiral Dot, though my second choice would probably go with Symbio W Peel. I've tried other tips but somehow couldn't find the right comfortable seal with ePro and with SpinFit (CP100 I believe), the treble was somewhat too sharp while still quite a bit withdrawn.

Overall, they look SICK and they are insanely comfortable despite being actually bigger than my EE Nemesis :D

Nov 8, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #273 of 1,874
For those wondering where Xinlisupreme's W6.2 went I hasten to explain. Had them for quite a while now and listened to them with different sources and cables. On stock they are way too dark for my liking even though I usualy prefer a smoother top end with a bit emphasis on it's lower part. With W6.2 things were quite strange for me and for a second I was worried that they won't stick with me, as the first impression was rather underwhelming. That was, of course, before I've changed the cable and strangely the best pair-up I've had was with an EA Ares II, at least when it comes to tonality. I've found my Witches to be very sensitive when it comes t oboth cables and sources they are paired with and not only treble but also bass characteristics are prone to change along with cables and DAPs. Fiio M11 Plus LTD was a great source for them with it's mid-bass attenuation and a more forward upper mids and sparkly lower treble. They did sound more forward though and with a similar sound sig but a better technicality and more even tonality AK SE180 SEM2 is my weapon of choice along with Ares II. In that pairing I find them engaging and quite even, relatively smooth but with a very natural treble timbre even if the lower treble still is a tiny bit withdrawn. I was expecting a much more massive low-end but they are nowhere near the monstrous bass that my EE Nemesis serve. Instead the low end is rather calm, well defined but never lacking no matter if it comes to quantity or quality. But the best are the mids. Natural, organic and properly warm with good amount of energy and clarity. Still, 64 Audio Nio beat them in that regard, but Nio have the best midrange I've ever heard in IEMs. For now I'm quite sure they'll stick around for long. They've got that something that makes me wanna grab them almost every time I'm going to listen to IEMs unless there's a specific track I wanna hear on something else. Are they worth the MSRP Aroma Audio asks for them? Not necessarily, unless you have some cables to roll to see how prone to the cable rolling they are. Besides, you gotta find the right tips and for now I'm sticking with JVC Spiral Dot, though my second choice would probably go with Symbio W Peel. I've tried other tips but somehow couldn't find the right comfortable seal with ePro and with SpinFit (CP100 I believe), the treble was somewhat too sharp while still quite a bit withdrawn.

Overall, they look SICK and they are insanely comfortable despite being actually bigger than my EE Nemesis :D
I would totally agree with the sensitivity to cable rolling with the WG6.2s. Their signature changes more dramatically from cable to cable than any IEM I’ve owned thus far. For me the perfect match is the EA Lionheart which, to my ears, makes them a very special set of IEMs.

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #274 of 1,874
I would totally agree with the sensitivity to cable rolling with the WG6.2s. Their signature changes more dramatically from cable to cable than any IEM I’ve owned thus far. For me the perfect match is the EA Lionheart which, to my ears, makes them a very special set of IEMs.
Could you describe the changes and the overall signature with the EA Lionheart? I'm very curious about your impressions.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #275 of 1,874
I’m listening Star, is still new, and I can’t believe it’s a single BA, it’s incredible with voices 🤩
Worth every $F2F558FC-8D7F-4FB9-BB60-D8768392E959.jpeg
I am kinda interested in the Star as well. Where from and for how much did you get it?

Nov 9, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #276 of 1,874
Could you describe the changes and the overall signature with the EA Lionheart? I'm very curious about your impressions.
Added clarity and dynamism. Good mid bass punch with satisfying but not overwhelming sub-bass. Good separation and layering. Still slightly rolled off treble but in a positive way. A really well-rounded signature.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #277 of 1,874
This W6.2 is a really tricky IEM as it even improves itself furthermore when it is near 700 hours of burn-in, Its sound stage and the treble opened up and reach to a further higher level, is it the final stage? I can't really tell, but now it sounds mature to me.

Nov 19, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #278 of 1,874
Aroma Jewel review translated by google, I don’t speak Chinese sorry.

https://www.spill.hk/headphones/ARO...EWDqRaY16fV3SRMmax1z3U_kzE-0gRsNd-BJ_UL2yMft4

23E9D806-492E-433A-BAD2-F8D9707C67D2.jpeg
B6003C32-51BD-4F38-B066-B47C93C32436.jpeg
2B32818E-3E8E-4685-A02A-004390774785.jpeg
B3C2F0F0-75EB-4BEE-8BBA-46C0744CFE45.jpeg
94A69C6A-D991-4C95-9CC3-7B1865055A1A.jpeg
F558759C-1074-4373-8D60-79EFFA9ED72C.jpeg
D367B5E9-B7E1-4119-8D58-AF8450E45954.jpeg
2B31D151-E272-4416-8142-50C16242024F.jpeg
0083E1C0-1C5A-40B7-9718-119D7D5F03AE.jpeg
567D2566-EAA1-49ED-BDF2-FE536A9265F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #279 of 1,874
I put on sale UM Mest Mk2 and maybe i'll sell also Oriolus Crassirostris to get Jewel asap...
Yesterday i had great time with Aroma Thunder and Hiby RS6 :)

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #280 of 1,874
I put on sale UM Mest Mk2 and maybe i'll sell also Oriolus Crassirostris to get Jewel asap...
Yesterday i had great time with Aroma Thunder and Hiby RS6 :)
Jewel is amazing.
The balance between low, middle and high notes is great.
The vocals are the best.

You have to make sure that the cable has good resolution to maximize the benefits.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #281 of 1,874
Jewel is amazing.
The balance between low, middle and high notes is great.
The vocals are the best.

You have to make sure that the cable has good resolution to maximize the benefits.
Did you compare it with thunder? Wich cable did you chose for Jewel?

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #283 of 1,874
Nov 24, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #285 of 1,874
Got the EA Vogue Grandioso black upgrade cable for my W6.2. For the outlook, it matches the black color of W6.2 (like its stock cable, is black).

This cable also has the inner beauty, it corrects the mid and enhances the separation of instruments, and the outline of the drums a bit. Also it smoothes the high and boosts the dynamic of the soundstage. Micro-detail of the W6.2 is excellent with this cable.
IMG-3298.jpg

I paid extra for the EA-Pentaconn 4.4mm plug, but I don't expect EA would provide this plug in black color, this is a bonus to me and I really love it!!

IMG-3299.jpg

150 hours of burn-in for this cable firstly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back