Aroma Audio A100TB
Oct 12, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #136 of 216
Want to enhance the A100TB.
I want to swap the preliminary stage OPAMPS to Burson V5i.

1. Should I buy two V5i or one or two V5di?

2. Which are the two preliminary opamps? Those close to the dip swithes or those close to the output four transistors?

Please advice.

Thanks
You have to take a pair of Burson V5i Dual, and put them in the two OP2 slots, which are the output ones.

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #137 of 216
After a bit of hesitation, and listening to the always excellent advice of @Tokpakorlo always very helpful, I replaced the stock opamps of my A100TB with a pair of Burson V5i D and V6 Vivid D.
I was already totally satisfied with the performance that the A100TB can given (with its PS100 pro power supply), but this update literally left me breathless.

Using my stack, A&K SP3000 + Jewel+ Orpheus S (cable and IC), I immediately noticed an incredible increase in dynamics, with resolution and details at crazy levels, an even more extreme and engaging soundstage. The sound, already extraordinary, gets a further step towards the musical/organic, with incredible mids, powerful and never bombastic bass, and simply superb highs (it seems that Jewel's Ests truly perform at 100% of their potential), ultra black background.
I listened to songs that I know perfectly, and I'm sure I've never heard them in such a spectacular and engaging way. A true joy.
These Burson V5i D (in the input slots) and V6 Vivid (in the output slots), are the cherry on my cake, already super.
Truly amazing what they have added to my stack.
For those interested, I can only recommend trying an A100TB+ Ps100pro with these Bursons.
Pure magic

Oct 16, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #138 of 216
After a bit of hesitation, and listening to the always excellent advice of @Tokpakorlo always very helpful, I replaced the stock opamps of my A100TB with a pair of Burson V5i D and V6 Vivid D.
I was already totally satisfied with the performance that the A100TB can given (with its PS100 pro power supply), but this update literally left me breathless.

Using my stack, A&K SP3000 + Jewel+ Orpheus S (cable and IC), I immediately noticed an incredible increase in dynamics, with resolution and details at crazy levels, an even more extreme and engaging soundstage. The sound, already extraordinary, gets a further step towards the musical/organic, with incredible mids, powerful and never bombastic bass, and simply superb highs (it seems that Jewel's Ests truly perform at 100% of their potential), ultra black background.
I listened to songs that I know perfectly, and I'm sure I've never heard them in such a spectacular and engaging way. A true joy.
These Burson V5i D (in the input slots) and V6 Vivid (in the output slots), are the cherry on my cake, already super.
For those interested, I can only recommend trying an A100TB+ Ps100pro with these Bursons.
Pure magic
Can you provide a photo of your setup (placement of the opamps).

Thanks

Oct 16, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #139 of 216

Attachments

• 20221222_163557.jpg
    20221222_163557.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 17, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #140 of 216

Pure magic
It's a good combination, the V5 and V6 balance each other well. However, I tend to use something better than the V5, which gives a good boost in sound. For example, Sparkos SS3602+Burson V6. If the A100 experience can be applied to the A100TB.

Oct 17, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #141 of 216
It's a good combination, the V5 and V6 balance each other well. However, I tend to use something better than the V5, which gives a good boost in sound. For example, Sparkos SS3602+Burson V6. If the A100 experience can be applied to the A100TB.
Question: But aren't they too big to put them in OP1, which are the input slots?

Oct 17, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #142 of 216
Question: But aren't they too big to put them in OP1, which are the input slots?
Of course, they are slightly bigger than the V5, but still fit well in the slots on the A100. I think you can place them at different heights on the A100TB.

Oct 18, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #143 of 216
How does the A100TB+external PSU perform for headphones use? Planning to pair these with my SP3000.
Cheers!

Oct 23, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #144 of 216
Does anyone use the Sparkos 3602 dual with the A100TB? In the input or output stage?
How does it improves sound? Does it fit into the A100TB chassis with the lid closed?

Please add a photo.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #146 of 216
Nov 10, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #148 of 216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back