Armbands For Running With HM-601
May 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 8
Why not just get a Clip+ or a Shuffle?

You want to run with that brick?

May 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Yeah why not.....or I could just play the songs from memory in my head. lol  I already own a HM-601, dont really want another player to have to deal with loading music on, etc etc. It can't be any worse than the older iPod I ran with for years.

May 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 8
Better try something like this
http://www.casualshmotka.ru/data/1___Fred_Perry227-2.JPG
http://motofairy.ru/products_pictures/sumka-na-poyas-alpinestars-s-b--59-B.jpg

May 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

I'm with you on this one - the price of a Clip+ is well worth not risking a really good, but bulky, player (with no dedicated, exact-fit accessories) sounds more sensible, plus the most music we'd need for physical activities are for background music.

Although these days I risk an equally pricey portable player - my Galaxy S phone - all because at least I can be contacted while jogging (and it fits an old iPod armband I have lying around). And depends on where @rsgladwin85 runs, like if its isolated enough but with a cel signal, a phone decent audio would be a great gadget to have along. Imagine spraining your ankle tripping over rocks and there aren't too many people passing by.

May 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

I'm with you on this one - the price of a Clip+ is well worth not risking a really good, but bulky, player (with no dedicated, exact-fit accessories) sounds more sensible, plus the most music we'd need for physical activities are for background music.

Although these days I risk an equally pricey portable player - my Galaxy S phone - all because at least I can be contacted while jogging (and it fits an old iPod armband I have lying around). And depends on where @rsgladwin85 runs, like if its isolated enough but with a cel signal, a phone decent audio would be a great gadget to have along. Imagine spraining your ankle tripping over rocks and there aren't too many people passing by.

While I appreciate your concern over my financial well being, I'd really just appreciate a reasonable response to the topic at hand.  If I have ran with an even more expensive yet not as sonically nice iPod with an actual HDD, not a Solid State drive for years and kept it in working condition, I believe I'll be ok with one that uses SD cards.  I also do not use a cell phone, so thats not an issue for me.  I simply want one portable source to use for everything, and taking in consideration everything "I" chose the HM-601. 

So if anyone here has any recommendations for the question at hand it would be greatly appreciated.  If not, then no response is necessary.

May 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 8
Can i ask for what purpose you are running?  on a sporting/point of view carrying that player while running is ridiculous for a plethora of reasons.

Not to mention if your putting in a modicom of effort you will not hear any acoustic benefit over a small cheapy player that will probably cost you the same as an armband.

I know this is not what you want to hear, some people on here are like stubborn like that, but do yourself a solid and just use a small player.

If you must persist i suggest a 2 litre backpack would be more comfortable.

May 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
While I appreciate your concern over my financial well being, I'd really just appreciate a reasonable response to the topic at hand.  If I have ran with an even more expensive yet not as sonically nice iPod with an actual HDD, not a Solid State drive for years and kept it in working condition, I believe I'll be ok with one that uses SD cards.  I also do not use a cell phone, so thats not an issue for me.  I simply want one portable source to use for everything, and taking in consideration everything "I" chose the HM-601. 

So if anyone here has any recommendations for the question at hand it would be greatly appreciated.  If not, then no response is necessary.

How about a small bag with an adjustable strap that can be shortened enough to hang tighter on your body (less bounce)? I'm saving a Crumpler 1 Million Dollar Home for a big, Hi-Fi portable player someday, which I used with a camera before, although I don't intend to jog with it. If you're taller than 5'7" then you can probably shorten the strap enough. For a time just to see if I can use the bag that way I loaded an iPod Touch velcro'd to a CMOY, worked great when I took public transport (some dashing/running involved, up the stairs to the metro train, etc) - earphone cable stayed on, and didn't hurt my back bouncing around. Save for the plastic clasp, but that's because I wore it backwards so pick-pockets can't steal my stuff easily.

http://www.crumpler.com/us/Camera-Bags/Camera-Bags/1-Million-Dollar-Home.html?LanguageCode=EN&SKU=MDH001-T01P10

You can probably find something cheaper, but do keep in mind the Crumpler's outer material is water-resistant and the structure is semi-stiff on the outside (plus padded on the inside), perfect compromise between comfort and shock absorption. Anything like it in size but too cheap would definitely have neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back