AriZona Iced Tea.. I am addicted!
Feb 23, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 32
I had some Tazo Iced Tea recently, and it's really, really good. How would you experienced Arizona drinkers say it compares?
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
I had some Tazo Iced Tea recently, and it's really, really good. How would you experienced Arizona drinkers say it compares?
biggrin.gif

You know what hungrych, I'm going to go to my college's student union tomorrow, pick me up a bottle of both, and see which I think is better! Although I'm not sure they have Tazo Iced Tea, I know they have Tazo stuff though. Will report back...

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by max-9
Arizona Iced Tea is made in.....not Arizona.
confused.gif

manufactured by a canadian company
biggrin.gif
(as of a few years ago)

Feb 23, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #22 of 32
I used to drink their green tea by the case. Started making it myself, and found that I couldn't bring myself to add as much honey as it would take to make it as sweet as theirs (they use honey and sugar and corn syrup, I believe), so I have since developed a taste for something less sweet. But even so, I still drink it once in a while.

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #23 of 32
Yeah, their iced tea is smooth and sweet, ice cold a real summer treat. I have a friend who used to be strung out on the orange ade.
My favorite is the Arnold Palmer Half & Half, an excellent lemonade and tea mix. I buy it in one gal jugs when I can find them.

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #24 of 32
arizona is too sweet for me also. my favorite is teajava in the states. it's about the only decent bottled nonsweetened iced tea that i can find. i never understood why the majority of the bottled drinks in the states has to have sugar or fake sugar in it. whatever happened to drinking something for the original flavor? and yes i admit i like black coffee too
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #26 of 32
I love this stuff, but I only drink it once in a while to keep myself from becomming addicted. The original lemon flavor is sooo goood.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #27 of 32
Arizona Iced Tea with Rocky Mountain Oysters, mmmmm...

(j/k
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #28 of 32
Hungrych recently posted in this thread wondering how Arizona Iced Tea drinkers would compare it to Tazo Iced Tea. I decided to hop over to our Student Union's Corner Store after class today and pick up a bottle of the two, to do a brief comparison.

I would like to note that this upcoming comparison contains only my and my girlfriend's opinions on the two brands. Definitely not to be taken seriously, just for a bit of fun.
icon10.gif

Arizona Lemon Iced Tea v.s. Tazo Iced Tea

Smell: When I first opened the Arizona Lemon Iced Tea, I got a strong whiff of lemon, but not a real, genuine lemon scent, but more of a artificial lemon scent. I never really stuck my nose in the bottle and smelled this stuff before, but being quite sensitive to smells, I was knocked back a little at how fake it smelled. I'm not sure if I was too pleased with it or not, but it made me look at the ingredients and wonder what they mean by "natural lemon flavor." The Tazo Iced Tea, on the other hand, has a really distinct smell to it, cause it smells like real tea, unlike the Arizona one. There's a strong smell to it, but I can't really put my finger on what it is, but it's definitely every so slightly lemony and something else..

Ingredients: Tazo definitely wins here if you're health conscience. It's got all but three ingredients: An infusion of (water, blended organic black teas), organic cane sugar, and citric acid. You really couldn't ask for much better than what you got right there. It's organic and it's healthy. The Arizona Lemon Iced Tea on the other hand, is stock full of sugar, with ingredients being: Premium Brewed Tea Using Filtered Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, and Natural Lemon Flavor. Caloric intake is also 35 per serving on the Tazo and 90 per serving on the Arizona. If you count calories, there's a thing to keep in mind. There's a huge gap in sugar content as well, with 9g per serving in the Tazo and 24g per serving on the Arizona.

Taste: Since this is an Arizona Iced Team thread, everyone knows what it tastes like here. It's good. Simple as that. It's quite lemony and leaves my mouth with a really nice, fresh aftertaste. You can really, really taste the lemon, and I feel that that is a good thing, although it's probably because they loaded the sucker with sugar. The Tazo Iced Tea on the other hand, tastes much more like tea and it's much stronger than I expected it to be. It's got an ever-so-slight taste of lemon in it, but that's it. You taste the tea, and if you love tea, this could definitely be your bottle of iced tea. I liked the aftertaste that it left in my mouth for the Tazo as well, although it's definitely not as refreshing as the Arizona.

Both of my bottles of tea weren't super cold, but mildly so. I'm sure if I stick these in the fridge for a bit and really chill them that some more of the flavors may come out. The Arizona Lemon Iced Tea, IMO, goes down a lot smoother than the Tazo. The Tazo feels thicker in my mouth for some reason, because I feel that the Arizona, with all the sugar and what not, should be the thicker of the two. I'm not saying that the Arizona isn't thick, it is slighty, but the Tazo feels like it is ever so slightly more.

Conclusion: I'm a health nut, but I think when it comes to drinking a nice bottle of Iced Tea and listening to music, I'd have to go with the Arizona Lemon Iced Tea. The sugar content might make a health nut think twice, but I just can't get over the really refreshing feeling you get when drinking it. I think I'd like the Tazo tea more if I was super stressed out with homework and needed some "real" tea to calm my nerves.

Thanks for reading!
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #29 of 32
Excellent bit on Arizona Lemon Iced Tea v. Tazo Iced Tea. I'll have to try it sometime.
580smile.gif

I drink the Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng by the boatload with plenty of ice - mostly to dillute it a bit so it's not as sweet. Sometimes I dillute orange juice or other juices with some water for the same reason.

Anyone else dillute certain drinks?
basshead.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwiclx
Excellent bit on Arizona Lemon Iced Tea v. Tazo Iced Tea. I'll have to try it sometime.
580smile.gif

I drink the Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng by the boatload with plenty of ice - mostly to dillute it a bit so it's not as sweet. Sometimes I dillute orange juice or other juices with some water for the same reason.

Anyone else dillute certain drinks?
basshead.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif
I'm in the same boat as you, I dilute orange juice and cranberry juice sometimes as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back