Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015
Dec 16, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #151 of 173
Any updates on securing a location for the 30th?

I'm going to be demoing the Hifiman Edition X, and it's looking like my demo time will fall on the 30th. Just in case anybody has been wanting to hear them. :p

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #152 of 173
Any updates on securing a location for the 30th?

I'm going to be demoing the Hifiman Edition X, and it's looking like my demo time will fall on the 30th. Just in case anybody has been wanting to hear them.
tongue.gif

That would be awesome! I would definitely love a listen. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #153 of 173
The 30th looks like a good date. Is this confirmed yet?

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #155 of 173
The 30th looks like a good date. Is this confirmed yet?

Should know tomorrow.

Indeed, this. I must apologize once again for the delay everyone.

Funch has graciously offered to assist with pushing this thing forward, and so he will be inquiring about the meeting space tomorrow (and hopefully, reserving it). Not that much longer folks.

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #158 of 173
I've browsed through this forum in the past but just got around to creating an account as I noticed a date for an upcoming Phoenix meet was being thrown around. I haven't been to a meet before and have never had the chance to listen to high end gear. I've been wanting to upgrade from my ATH-M50, and would really like to listen to some of the headphones I've been reading about. Will anyone be bringing anything in the HE-400, HD600/650, DT880 price range, or is this meet for higher end gear? Either way, I'd like to attend just to hear what I've been missing out on.

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #159 of 173
The only 'requirement' to attend a meet is that you have an interest in the hobby. The best part is the people. Catching up with friends from previous meets,
and meeting new ones. Any and all equipment is welcome. 

Speaking of which, once we have a confirmed date, we should all post what we're bringing. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #160 of 173
I've browsed through this forum in the past but just got around to creating an account as I noticed a date for an upcoming Phoenix meet was being thrown around. I haven't been to a meet before and have never had the chance to listen to high end gear. I've been wanting to upgrade from my ATH-M50, and would really like to listen to some of the headphones I've been reading about. Will anyone be bringing anything in the HE-400, HD600/650, DT880 price range, or is this meet for higher end gear? Either way, I'd like to attend just to hear what I've been missing out on.
Welcome to the world of Head-Fi @ilmshab!!! I haven't been to any meets either but I plan on going to this one. I think that there will be a good amount of entry to mid level gear there as well. I started acquiring gear based off of reviews here on HeadFi and have not been led too far off in what I was looking for. My taste in sound signature has changed in the last three years but the journey has been fun! Feel free to check out my profile and let me know if you would like to audition anything.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #161 of 173
Welcome to the world of Head-Fi @ilmshab!!! I haven't been to any meets either but I plan on going to this one. I think that there will be a good amount of entry to mid level gear there as well. I started acquiring gear based off of reviews here on HeadFi and have not been led too far off in what I was looking for. My taste in sound signature has changed in the last three years but the journey has been fun! Feel free to check out my profile and let me know if you would like to audition anything.

Thanks for the offer musiclvr, I'd be interested in listening to the V-Moda and AKGs if you wouldn't mind bringing them to the meet. I know what you mean by changing tastes, I've been involved in the car audio hobby for 20 years and have gone through many phases. I think I'm ready for a new audio hobby...one that won't make my wife yell "turn it down!".

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #162 of 173

I'll bring an HE-400i, Q701, and HD598. I'm sure if you're looking for mid-priced gear, you'll be able to find it.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #163 of 173
I'll bring an HE-400i, Q701, and HD598. I'm sure if you're looking for mid-priced gear, you'll be able to find it.

Excellent! The 400i is high on my list and anything from Hifiman, Sennheiser or AKG would be much appreciated.

The only 'requirement' to attend a meet is that you have an interest in the hobby. The best part is the people. Catching up with friends from previous meets,

Speaking of which, once we have a confirmed date, we should all post what we're bringing. 

I don't have anything to listen to, but I can bring a lot of questions.....and a few bucks to pitch in for lunch.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #164 of 173

if everything works out this will be my first meet-up.  i'll be bringing everything portable from my sig plus the trinity atlas (assuming it shows up by then).
i can also bring power strips/multi plug outlet adapters if needed.

couple of questions:
i assume for those wanting to check out IEM's everyone just brings their own tips?  i'll also have a bunch of extras for people to use if needed.
how do you normally handle the music?  should people bring flash/externall HDD's if they don't plan on bringing any playback devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back