Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015
Jun 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #77 of 173
  I'll be getting the HiFiMan HE1000's in for the beta test on 5/28 and will have them for probably a month, so if we want them at the next meet, it will need to be
within that timeframe.

Of course, if they sound as good as everyone is saying they do, I will probably keep them. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I wouldn't mind having a listen to the HE-1000. Maybe a mini meet?  I could try to see if I can arrange the venue (for free) if there is enough interest but it will have to be in Scottsdale.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #78 of 173
I'll be getting the HiFiMan HE1000's in for the beta test on 5/28 and will have them for probably a month, so if we want them at the next meet, it will need to be
within that timeframe.

Of course, if they sound as good as everyone is saying they do, I will probably keep them. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I too would LOVE to hear these! I'll bring my modded HE-6 to see how they fair. Scottsdale also works well for me. Keep us posted please and let me know if I can help in any way.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #80 of 173
I talked to the concierge and I can pretty well get the meeting room anytime as long as food is not served in the room. That needs some filling in forms/reservation etc. So let's see which dates/days work for you guys in June. I am pretty open on the time/day/dates.

I have sent a PM to funch and if he joins us with his HE1000, we will proceed accordingly.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #82 of 173
We can do either the 20th or the 27th, maybe starting  sometime in the afternoon.

If you guys would let me know what suits you better I will book the space and revert back.

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #84 of 173
i'm game.  
I'll have the SE846, Final Audio Design Heaven VIII, FX850, Ultrafocus 8000, HD598, D600, WS99 (not as much into the full-size cans as the IEMs) if anyone is interested in hearing any of those :)

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #85 of 173
So 27th it is, say about 2:00pm. We will have to limit the mini meet to about about a dozen or so people. So please confirm if  you can attend and the equipment you plan on bringing.

I just went and checked out the space, the only issue (maybe)  I see is that are only two AC outlets so we might be limited to some degree. Trying to find out whether they are separate circuits or what kind of load they can handle. The room is 20x20 with a large conference table and a couple of credenzas and seating for 12.

I have created a new thread for the mini-meet as not to hijack this thread for the regular summer meet that might still take place.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771135/kierland-scottsdale-mini-meet-june27th.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #86 of 173
Hello friends; Chris here!

It is great to see that a small meet was held. Sure seems like it was fun. My apologies for being so absent, I've been extremely busy with home renovations and moving forward with my film project for my last semester at ASU, and it's been one crazy ride. To update, I did get into contact with Coolzo, and we've been looking at dates for a middle of August meet. If that is inconvenient for anyone, please let us know! I hope everyone is enjoying this "lovely" heat. 

In the mean time,

Cheers! 

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #87 of 173
  Hello friends; Chris here!

It is great to see that a small meet was held. Sure seems like it was fun. My apologies for being so absent, I've been extremely busy with home renovations and moving forward with my film project for my last semester at ASU, and it's been one crazy ride. To update, I did get into contact with Coolzo, and we've been looking at dates for a middle of August meet. If that is inconvenient for anyone, please let us know! I hope everyone is enjoying this "lovely" heat. 

In the mean time,

Cheers! 

Sounds great for me!

Interesting, though.  My wife is in the movie industry, and her and I are writing a screenplay right now.  In fact, she acted in one of the ASU projects last year, I think it was!

Small world...

BTW- I'm selling off some headphones if anyone is interested: FX850, D600, and possibly my FAD Heaven VIII's...

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #88 of 173
Shame I missed the meet. Hopefully next time. I wouldn't mind bringing my TH900 and Woo Audio Fireflies next time.

BTW, also selling my Headroom Desktop dac/amp. Would love to sell it locally to someone and avoid paypal. Excellent condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back