Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 - Impressions Thread
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #32 of 52
So, who was the guy with the Fidelio? (He had a box full of headphones: M-100s, the JVC "M-80 killers", so on...

That was me :wink: Had a great freaking time you guys. Have to say nothing makes you want to dive back into the craziness like a great meet! 

Finally got to hear the LCD 3's and got an extended listen to the HD800's so everything else was just icing. 
The new HE-560's are a thing of beauty and a huge upgrade to the last models so that was great to see them as well. 

I happy everyone got to hear my box of goodies including my JVC S500's and Philips X1's. Both are way under hyped in my opinion.  

I'm in the process of getting my Pioneer reconditioned so next meet it will sound like a million bucks. I also plan on picking up at least one more vintage amp so I'll be bringing more than one next time and hopefully some more new gear. My Schiit Vali came in on Monday and I wish I could have brought it along because its a little fire cracker!! If we are having a winter meet (I'm in of course) then I'll hold onto it and make sure to bring it along. 

I'm hoping to get my hands on either the HD700's or Alpha dogs so hopefully I can find a good deal on them. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #33 of 52
  Didn't get to try the Ember. I loved the Sunrise with my DT990s however. The sound was magnificent, analytical yet pronounced.

I didn't either, only regret. Heard a lot of positives about them so no clue why I didn't try them out... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #34 of 52
Wow how can I get on the notice list for the next meet in the Valley of the Sun?

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #35 of 52
Wow how can I get on the notice list for the next meet in the Valley of the Sun?

Well, as soon as a new meet thread is up, we'll put a link in this thread before it locks. Then once the meet is confirmed, I will send a personal message to all head-fiers that have attended past meets or have expressed interest in attending a meet.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #36 of 52
  I also plan on picking up at least one more vintage amp so I'll be bringing more than one next time and hopefully some more new gear.

I've been hoping to bump into a Pioneer vintage amp/receiver myself. If anyone sees one, please let me know! I love the Marantz 2220B that I have currently, but I'm eager to try some Pioneer stuff as well.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #37 of 52

I also plan on picking up at least one more vintage amp so I'll be bringing more than one next time and hopefully some more new gear.

I've been hoping to bump into a Pioneer vintage amp/receiver myself. If anyone sees one, please let me know! I love the Marantz 2220B that I have currently, but I'm eager to try some Pioneer stuff as well.

Ok, will do! How much are you willing to spend? I know of two that were completely restore and taken care of by a guy that owns a audio repair shop :wink: 

Ask and ye shall receive lol 

I'm online daily looking for vintage gear so I'll let you know when I find something... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #41 of 52
Ok, I caught audiophile fever at the meet guys XP I just can't listen to my gear the same way anymore.
I wouldn't blame ya in the least bit. If you can, get one of the Schiit or Little Dot amps, those things are amazing for the money. If not, try the used receiver market, you'd definitely be able to pick out a difference even with your current headphones.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #42 of 52
Ok, will do! How much are you willing to spend? I know of two that were completely restore and taken care of by a guy that owns a audio repair shop :wink: 

Ask and ye shall receive lol 

I'm online daily looking for vintage gear so I'll let you know when I find something... 

Thanks,

:evil:

$200 would be my max to be honest (need new speakers and record player first, lol). Btw, where did you get your amp serviced?

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #43 of 52
  Forgot to thank Jeremy at Garage 1217 for letting me bring the amps to our meet. He said he would love to make our next one. Just bad timing
for him this time.

I thought i saw your beta and psu up in one of those pictures, so you were the one with the Garage amps all lined up? Which would you consider your favorite? all those pictures looked great. I wish I knew of a meet in Connecticut, since I am newer here and do not know the area better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back