Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #301 of 327
BTW...if someone has the HD600's id love if you could bring em! I ended up buying em after auditioning the HD650's and reading that for the money there just want a huge advantage. But still havnt actually heard them! If anyone whose bringing a few pairs of cans wants to split a table i can set up my Marantz HD-DAC1 (also have a few power strips if anyone needs some). PM me!

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #306 of 327
OK friends. TOMORROW IS THE MEET! So I encourage everyone to bring yourself, some gear, and maybe a few friends? Who knows? There will be a giant 6 foot sub for everyone to snack on, some soda and water to quench your thirst, and some really awesome setups to feed them ears!

There will be a raffle as previously mentioned in the pages before and in the original post. The raffle will be $15 for two tickets for a chance to win a Garage1217 Project Starlight tube amp. You can enter twice if you so wish, but that will be the limit. The proceeds for the raffle will go to funding the next meeting. The raffle winner will be announced by 3pm, an hour before the conclusion of the meet.

Hope to see everyone there! We seem to have a few camera men attending, so I'll bring my camera just in case but might end up sitting this one out.

I hope to see everyone there and remember.. GET EXCITED!!!

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #307 of 327
I can bring my lappy running jriver 20, audio gd nfb11. Unfortunately no cans

No cans, no problem. Plenty to go around :D

By the way Destroysall, DemonFox, Grizmo, and myself are all bringing vintage amps, therefore I think we should all be in the same row of tables :D

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #308 of 327
I can bring my lappy running jriver 20, audio gd nfb11. Unfortunately no cans

Definitely do! I started with jriver for video first mainly and i keep using it since i have it. I look forward to learning about foobar tomorrow though. If anyone is heading up to phoenix from tucson area and either needs a ride or wants to grab soem breakfast before heading up there pm me. Last call for power strips or any cables, ive got a box full of em if anyone needs some spares.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #309 of 327
Definitely do! I started with jriver for video first mainly and i keep using it since i have it. I look forward to learning about foobar tomorrow though. If anyone is heading up to phoenix from tucson area and either needs a ride or wants to grab soem breakfast before heading up there pm me. Last call for power strips or any cables, ive got a box full of em if anyone needs some spares.

If you could bring a couple extra power strips just on case, it would be appreciated :)

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #311 of 327
Well. we are finally nearing the finish line.. yippee for us all...looks like plenty of excitement and I am looking forward to a fun day with lotsa cool stuff to look at and hear..

Last call for anyone needing ride from West Valley area..otherwise I will see you bright and early in Phoenix

Will bring extra stuff as well, cords, extensions, etc (We can never have enuff)

Maybe even a surprise or two from the gadget pile I have here.. one never knows

Don J

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #312 of 327
There's an 90% chance I'll be going. Definite answer at around 10 o' clock... I'm one of the cameramen, armed with a Nikon D3300 with a 18-55mm and an almost useless (in this situation) 55-200mm. Bringing my ultra-budget stuff: FiiO E07K, M-80s, and some HD558s. My lappy is loaded with a bunch of electronic, so if you want some 20khz-end rumbles, I gots you.  

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #313 of 327
I forgot to mention that I finished my two extension boxes. Each uses 15 feet of #12 wire to a 4-outlet box.

I will also have an extra Monster filtered power strip if anyone needs it, along with a couple extra IEC power cords, IC cables, etc..

Looking forward to it. See ya'll tomorrow.

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #314 of 327
So leaving around 4am to get there when things start. I plan on entering the raffle but I can't stay till 3pm, I need to leave around at least an hour or two before then. Do I need to be there in order to win?

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #315 of 327
im a night shift guy, so i'll wander in around 10am or so.  sleep deprived like last time, lol.  i'll bring the apex peak/volcano combo, bluenote tubed cd player and whatever cans i have lying around.  good times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back