Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #91 of 327
i might be out of town that week end.   if i'm in town i'll come in with my cdplayer/tube head amp combo.  or perhaps the turntable setup, i don't know.  it should be noted to bring in your choice of source if you'd like, cd, vinyl, etc.  anyway.  roger. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #95 of 327
New to the forum and the high-end IEM scene - borderline audiophile and progressing steadily in that direction. Looking forward to joining you all at the meet-up.

Also, being in Phoenix, can anyone recommend some shops that carry high-end IEMs that I can sample? Thanks.

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #96 of 327
  New to the forum and the high-end IEM scene - borderline audiophile and progressing steadily in that direction. Looking forward to joining you all at the meet-up.

Also, being in Phoenix, can anyone recommend some shops that carry high-end IEMs that I can sample? Thanks.

Can't say that I know many shops. IEMs are difficult to sample due to medical reasons (as most businesses would suggest). However, most online dealers (Headroom and Amazon) usually offer a guarantee so you can make a return if you don't like the product.

Jan 1, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #104 of 327
They're used for testing vacuum tubes. Good for finding out if a tube is OK or going bad. Back in the day, when vacuum tubes were used in radios and TV's, rudimentary testers were
located even in grocery stores. You could bring in a questionable tube, plug it in and test it, and even pick up a replacement. Imagine; a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a 12AX7
at the checkout lane. Of course, I wasn't around then. I just read about it. 
wink_face.gif

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back