Arghhhhhh I hate you Royal Mail
Jan 6, 2011 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ickle97116084

New Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Sennheiser IE8s on 29th Dec Next day delivery and today 06th Jan 11 they still have not arrived. Its not Amazons fault as they were dispatched within plenty of time. Two weeks ago there was delays due to festive break and snow but they have no excuse now! I so want to burn these IEMs in and most importantly I want to check if they are fake. I ordered them from Amazon S.a.r.L and not a marketplace seller so they should be real or else Amazons Senn distributor should be shot.

I hope they come soon, has anyone else had problems with Royal mail deliveries on 2010 and 2011?

Ickle

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 17
Yep.

I ordered my HJE900's from the UK to which were sent on the 20th December 2010 via Royal Mail's expensive International Signed For service and i only received them today in Australia, some 18 days later. I was quoted 6 six days transit time.

Useless if you ask me.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 17
Sorry to hear that Tmaster, 18 days for an item to be delivered is atrocious especially when the stated number is 6. Any other delivery service would have gone bust by now if it was as bad as that. I don't see how they can get away with it. Like the banks they are unregulated so they can do as they please and provide a poor service, as they are they only service providing there own form of delivery in the UK (i know there are couriers for large packages but not letters etc.) they will be able to keep providing this awful service and still get away with it. As a side note the owner of Royal Mail is the richest person in the UK - Richer than her majesty. Its a joke!!!

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 17
Im afraid not, we are waitnig for several items not just IEMs. One was first class, another next day delivery, no sign of it at all. As they were not sent special delivery I cant track them either.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 17
There is a story on the front page of my local new paper today about how poor Royal Mails service is in my area. the picture that accompanies it, is of one of the ladies that complained by sending a letter to Royal Mail. She received a reply back from Royal Mail. The reply letter was sent first class but took 17 days to get there...

Here is the story if you fancy reading it & shaking your head.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #7 of 17
There is worse. Ordered Sennheiser IE8s on December 9, USPS sent the package in Canada. Possible, additional time of waiting 60 days for the procedures of re-shipping from Canada + shipping time to arrive in Albania (Europe).

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #8 of 17
It is not a problem of royal mail only. It happens with all the national post system.
I had a package sent from US in december 18th, that has not arrived yet, but I received yesterday another one that was sent on december 29.

And it seems things that got late with the holidays will be taken care after the ones which were posted afterwards.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #9 of 17
I grew up and lived in the UK until a few years ago when I moved to Canada. I used to regularly moan about royal mail.. And then I moved to Canada!
I have never seen such a bad mail system as here, slow would not be the word! I have seen glaciers move faster! No Saturday mail, no next day delivery within the country unless you want to pay upwards of $40 for a letter!

I remember living in Rowardennan by Loch Lomond. Middle of nowhere, nearest town 17 miles away and yet my cousin in Devon could mail a letter at 4.00pm on Thursday and I would have it Friday morning!

Things do go awry but I reckon you still have the best mail service in the world, I hope it turns up soon as you will love the IE8's!

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #10 of 17
perhaps Canada is a little bit larger than the UK? heh

OP I know what its like to wait... I hope your IE8's are in your hands soon!

Quote:
I grew up and lived in the UK until a few years ago when I moved to Canada. I used to regularly moan about royal mail.. And then I moved to Canada!
I have never seen such a bad mail system as here, slow would not be the word! I have seen glaciers move faster! No Saturday mail, no next day delivery within the country unless you want to pay upwards of $40 for a letter!

I remember living in Rowardennan by Loch Lomond. Middle of nowhere, nearest town 17 miles away and yet my cousin in Devon could mail a letter at 4.00pm on Thursday and I would have it Friday morning!

Things do go awry but I reckon you still have the best mail service in the world, I hope it turns up soon as you will love the IE8's!

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
perhaps Canada is a little bit larger than the UK? heh

OP I know what its like to wait... I hope your IE8's are in your hands soon!

Quote:

Yeah, I know, but still, with that modern fangled thing called aircraft and a flight every hour from TO you would think they could do better than 4-5 days!
I see your in Van, if you ever want a GTG headphone meet that would be great!

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 17
Whoa !
I thought the USPS was bad. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
Whoa !
I thought the USPS was bad. I guess I should consider myself lucky.
rolleyes.gif

normally they are nothing like this but they basically have done nothing for weeks and ran around blaiming a weeks worth of snow on everything.  i think they just opted to not hire as many additional christmas staff as they normally would. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
Royal Mail has been utterly crap this last month, an utter shambles.  i only got something yesterday 5/01/11 that had been posted by amazon way back on the 15th of december

At least it got delivered! I got two cards (Sorry we missed you etc) just before Xmas & went to the sorting office to collect whatever they were. They could only find on thing one thing though so I asked him to check again. He came back with a pack of discs I'd ordered (and forgotten about) that we're marked November 11th! never got carded for those... It turned out my neighbour had one item but the postie hadn't told me. It was actually a jacket to wear out fancy dress. I had to hire one in the end because I had no idea my neighbours had it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back