Arghhhh Im frustrated!!!
Feb 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cooperboytio

New Head-Fier
Good Afternoon Awesome People of earth,

I've been searching for a pair of headphones online for a about 2 months. The reason I haven't ordered any yet is because I'm not sure of which to buy. I really want the best audio that I can get out for my 300 dollar price budget. I've been looking around and have read horrible reviews on beats by dr dre, so i threw those out of the window, bose i read was a hit or miss so i threw those out of the window as well. I have a pair of 149 dollar skull candy aviators; but I want more, so I would like headphones that suit my genre of music; r&b, hip hop, jazz, classical music, reggae, pop but I want headphones that have expandability to all genres of music just incase my taste in music switches. Moreover, these headphones have to be compatible with a portable music device such as an iPad, iPod touch,laptop. I know best is subjective but Im begging you all to tell me the best headphones that I can get for 300 dollars.

I am greatly appreciative.

Have A Wonderful Day!

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 10
V-Moda M80 is my suggestion.  They sound great, fit nice, look awesome, and are built extremely well.  They come with a detachable cord too and a nice carrying case.  The sound signature is top notch and will fit your listening needs.

The remain my top pick for the $250 and under category.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 10
Humm hard to say. Most of your preferences are bass-based. Jazz to me feels better on neutral or slightly warm. Classical sounds good neutral and on some cases bright. Also, this sub-forum is for portables and IEMs, are you sure you're not into full-sized?

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Both of these are going to be just about maxing out your $300 budget, but both the B&W P5 and the Beyerdynamic DT 1350 are great choices. Top notch sound quality across all genres of music, good styling, portability. Can't go wrong with either one. Like Lizardking1 said, if your looking for full sized 'phones that changes things a little, but since this is in the portables/IEMs section, those would be my two recommendations.

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 10
Sennheiser HD25 ii, Vmoda M-80 (both ~200$) Very compatible sound with great punchy bass and present mids, different tones though, best too look up these and the competitors and the M-80s perform best without additional amping, also if you were interested in Beats and have Avaitors (bassy phones) check out Vmoda LP2 these are circumaural everything else is supraaural. The DT1350s are also very good as reviewed on the forum. Check out this review for some good portables I mentioned..http://www.head-fi.org/t/574617/review-comparison-beyerdynamic-dt1350-t50p-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-hd25-13-ii-pioneer-hdj-2000-v-moda-m80-aiaiai-tma-1/345#post_8124451

and as always look on ljokerl's portable shootout he has reviewed most everything..http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-98-portable-headphones-reviewed-sony-mdr-pq2-and-philips-oneill-sho9560-added-01-02-12

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 10
I feel that the DT1350s would suit your situation very well. I've tried the HD25's and the DT1350s and ended up going with the HD25s since most of my music is rock/pop. I felt that the DT1350s trumped the 25s when it came to it's versatility. I've only briefly tried the M80s and it wasn't too bad as well.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 10
Do you know where I can find the v-moda, beyerodynamic headphones cause i know where the hd 25s' are sold. Im not really looking for base though; I just want great sound for my 300 dollar budget .

Thanks Again for your help!

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Humm hard to say. Most of your preferences are bass-based. Jazz to me feels better on neutral or slightly warm. Classical sounds good neutral and on some cases bright. Also, this sub-forum is for portables and IEMs, are you sure you're not into full-sized?

Not sure really I just want the best headphones for the price that I'm paying that suites the genres that I'm listening to.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 10
I saw the VModa M80 at Guitar Center. I think the price was $239, however they claim they will match internet pricing. I have not tried to get a price match from them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back