ARGH!! lost my second pair of E5c's!!! What
Feb 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

roggae

Head-Fier
so i think i lost my second pair of E5c's. i was sure that i wrapped them back up and put them into their case and into my pocket, but i cannot find them anywhere. this is terrible. with twins on the way i cannot afford another pair of these. how am i going to listen to my music now? dare i try another brand? i burned like 500 hours in on those bad boys. anyway i just needed to vent and ask if anyone has any recommendations for an out of luck type of guy. i'd like to replace, but i can't afford another $500+ pair.
triportsad.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 22
This is one of the (many) reasons why I keep my IEMs cheap. I lost a pair of EP630 recently, and it was annoying, but I can take the $30 hit. Losing half a grand in one go? No thanks.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 22
I'm very careful with mine because I'm a forgetful person. I have a wire clip thingy that I have clipped onto my undershirt so nothing would happen. I don't like wrapping up my IEMs and putting them away since I know I'm not gonna remember it. I have it routed under a shirt and never unplug it from my amp unless I'm at home. Sorry for your losses. For recommendations, you might wanna wait for earphonesolutions.com to have a 30% sale and get yourself a SE530 or a SE420.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 22
Sorry for the loss!
frown.gif

Another reason to just stick with the plain earbud, following your player.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 22
Eeek. That's more than I make in a year. (14 y/o)

Maybe you should go cheap like lucky said. There's a bunch of (maybe fake but pretty good quality) IEMs @ FocalPrice. Also, I think I saw some fake Shures @ dealextreme. They probably suck though. Also, @ MP4nation, there are the Alpha BrainWaves.

I can't really vouch for any of these because I've never owned any of them.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 22
Smeggy, you are a wonderful guy!!

Btw, I think the Shure e5 is a sorely under represented earphone, it just lets you enjoy the music.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by roggae /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smeggy is a gem. i just wish he had more IEMs to dole out to those less fortunate! wink wink

no doubt, who gives $500 iems to a stranger?

2 year old $30 iems maybe but not $500.

unless smeggy used to be on the show 'red dwarf', and is well loaded, in which case.....................

your a blinding actor and,

id love some sweet ass 'phones bud
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back