Are your cables as expensive as your system?
Aug 2, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #47 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shunyata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't matter who I believe, it's you calling people "an idiot" that is the problem. Who are you to judge other people's beliefs and opinions?

And don't give me that fight the man, rebel shiet, thinking you are arguing with some old "Audiophile" that you can just roll your little eyes to because you think you are young and wise, and "street smart."

Oh man, you read me like a book....

Seriously, I have no idea what you are trying to say in that second paragraph.

Oh, and this is for you:
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #48 of 67
I'm quite sure what you guys are talking about but calling someon idiot in forum is absolutely wrong idea.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #49 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why spend 700$ on cable, when you can put that 700$ into better source and get a tangible SQ increase.

because your new source will sound better with the new 700 dollar cable.

My switch from a good cable to high end cable was far from suttle. I wouldn't trade in my current cable for any cheap cable that is said to be as good. I know it isn't.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #50 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and this is for you:
rolleyes.gif

let me tell ya one thing; patrick is experimenting alot and yes, some things he finds out are actually usable in practice, if you know how to read between the lines.

I have also experimented extensively with cables, shielding and grounding and most of his and my own findings match. So apperently he's not as stupid as you thinks he is. He knows right now more about cables then you obviously.

I bet you never heard any high end cables, experimented with different type of cables or shielding/grounding.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #51 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and this is for you:
rolleyes.gif

Dubble post. why isn't there a delete button?!

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #52 of 67
This cable argument comes up about every six months. If you would be open to learn, go to a reputable audio store and have them show you the differences. I was a skeptic until I took the time and effort to find out. They do have an impact on sound. My IC cost was about the price of my hps. They did make a big enough difference to me that I kept them. I was able to take different designs and price ranges home to listen to them in my system. One listen, you will know if they make a difference or not.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #53 of 67
None of my cables are extremely expensive, to say the least, but none of them are stock, either. To be honest, I don't seem to be able to hear audio differences between different cables, but figure I should at least match my decent (IMHO) equipment with decent cables. Since I am unable to hear a major audio difference between cables, I could never justify buying a cable that equals the cost of my source. Let those with the golden ears buy the $10000 cables; my tin ears are happy with the $300 cables!

If nothing else, better-than-stock cables look prettier than stock cables.
tongue.gif

Holly

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #54 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If nothing else, better-than-stock cables look prettier than stock cables.
tongue.gif

Holly

They last longer too with better materials and workmanship, eutectic solder etc. More of a concern for portable use I guess but still something to consider regardless of any sonic improvements.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #56 of 67
Yes, he says with a blush. I am a cable nut! Someone stop me, ha.

Having awesome cables (relative term) means never having to wonder if your really missing something.

Aug 10, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having awesome cables (relative term) means never having to wonder if your really missing something.

You aren't missing anything because all cables just give a different flavor. The best is to try different cables to see which one you like the most. Stock cable works good if you like harsh and muddy sound.

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You aren't missing anything because all cables just give a different flavor. The best is to try different cables to see which one you like the most. Stock cable works good if you like harsh and muddy sound.

I don't agree with ya Patrick. As i was going up the ladder with IC's, the high end cables just let me hear more music and details. So, yes, a cheap cable isn't able to transport all the details to your amp.

It is all about how much a cable can let go through and is not interfering with the signal itself. Some do it better then others.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #59 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't agree with ya Patrick. As i was going up the ladder with IC's, the high end cables just let me hear more music and details. So, yes, a cheap cable isn't able to transport all the details to your amp.

It is all about how much a cable can let go through and is not interfering with the signal itself. Some do it better then others.

This thread is about power cords. Adding a few cm of wiring after hundreds of feet of crappy house wiring isn't going to magically remove the crappiness. All you can do is color it into a different flavor that gains something by sacrificing something else.

But with the interconnect, bad dielectric is going to smear up the details. I don't want someone to sit on top of my cable and grab the signal. There is going to be signal loss from that. Air of vacuum dielectric is the way to go.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #60 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha, when was the last time you used "stock" anything:wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back