Are You Watching Soccer World Cup?
Jun 12, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
I think #5 is way off for the USA. Maybe a top 20 team, but not under the top 10. Especially after this performance against Czech Republic. I saw no passion in the US squad.

passsion? screw passion. i was just hoping for some competence.

Jun 12, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #33 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
i don't know how USA got its 5 ranking.

I said in one of the other many world cup threads that it would seem the US got such a favourable ranking due to playing in CONCACAF and the calibre of competition...at least that's what some of the World Cup reporters have been saying, I don't know exactly how the ranking is calculated...

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #34 of 148
I'm watching all the games. Our school is also suspending an hour or two of class when there's a game going on and they bring TVs to some classrooms to let us watch. I'm supporting England, the played really good in the first half but in the second they were terrible. I also have high hopes for Italy after seeing them play today; Just look at that goal by Andrea de Pirlo man! I mean, how many defenses did Ghana had? at least 4 and plus their wonderful goalkeeper and that thing went straight in? Cmon man, that's magic!

Jun 13, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #35 of 148
I'm currently supporting England, Brazil, Japan, Italy, and Korea, my home country.

The Australians beat the crap out of Japan yesterday!!! Japan's play was somewhat irregular as was Australia. After Japan scored a very controversial goal, they were pretty consistent while the Australian players lost focus under fury of the way that goal was scored. (it was a clear foul IMO) Then the Japanese became tired/cocky (especially Japan's goal keeper who was brilliant until then) towards the last 15 mins and let the Aussies score 3 times in succession... Damn, it was such a dramatic game!! But no so good a game for me who wants us asians to leave a mark on Euro dominated football!!
rolleyes.gif

Italy vs Ghana was a very interesting match as well. I was surprised Ghana looked so deranged when they were very strong against Korea just a few days ago. They were also really unlucky to lose two penalty kick opportunities. I'm not sure its fair for Fifa to badge that player as an "actor". On the other hand, it was good to see that Italy completely abandon Trapattoni's defensive play and reverse into a massively aggressive style of play. IMO this is what Italians are best at and it clearly showed. The second goal by Iaquinta was just amazing!!! Such acceleration to snatch a slow pass was just unbelievable.

So far I'm loving this world cup!!!!

Now if only Korea can beat Togo. Togo's a really strong team, but I think the shame of losing to a "coachless team" would be a hard thing to swallow.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:33 AM Post #37 of 148
Hell yeah! I hope England win, though, I think the weather's a little too harsh on the players. The English aren't quite accustomed to the German heat.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #38 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
Aussies score 3 times in succession... Damn, it was such a dramatic game!!

Last 8 minutes actually, the second and third goal were pretty nuts, especially the second one which rebounded off both goal posts (hit the left, bounced onto the right and then went in, lol!)

For those interested, kenny12 found a link to an .avi file (172mb or something) of the last 8 minutes of the game, i'll edit the post later with the link.

Jun 13, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #41 of 148
BL to Togo, I would have rathered them win, although when their captain got Red carded it was "gg" for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back