Are you still a member of Head-Fi after you die?
Apr 1, 2007 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Denim

500+ Head-Fier
Strange question? Well, I bet you are.
I was looking at the birthdays today and see 2 members are 95. One has no activity and the other hasn't posted in a few years. A few others were getting up there also. Then I started wondering if they were still around. That brought me to this question.

There is really no way for the mods to know and remove them from the members list. I guess it helps keep the membership count as high as possible also.

In 10 years, they will show up again as 105! I wonder who our oldest member is? (Dead or alive)

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 41
yeah... many members don't put their true ages when they sign up.

As for Dead-fi.... you bet your ass. Even corpses need music.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 41
I wonder what was there first headphone....

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 41
I guess it will depend on whether I see it coming in time to start a "FREE STUFF!!!" thread. Were that to be the case, I'm sure I'd live on in memory for a while at least.

As for the 95 year olds, they might just have lied about their dates of birth when filling out their profiles. Ya think?

But seriously, we have had members who have passed away and I believe that their accounts (and posting history) remain on the system, as should be the case in my opinion.

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 41
Sure being dead is not really an issue. I kicked the bucket about a year ago and while it makes it difficult to listen to your gear you can still chat aobut your memories...
orphsmile.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure being dead is not really an issue. I kicked the bucket about a year ago and while it makes it difficult to listen to your gear you can still chat aobut your memories...
orphsmile.gif

That's true, you haven't been around much of late. Tell the truth, did you go up or down?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #15 of 41
My wife has promised that she will bury my cans with me. Not in the casket, but on the ground under it! Or perhaps in the dirt above it, if.......and only if I continue to intentionally stop taking my heart medication so I can better listen without the tinnitus the pills are causing.

And that she will keep my account active so that every year on the anniversary of my passing, she can give a commemorative flipping of the bird to all of Y'all.

Gee...I THINK she was just kidding....I dunno.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back