Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
Mar 2, 2008 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
I received this e-mail at work. The 10 year old daughter of one of my wife's co-workers had this as a homework question.

There are 7 girls in a bus, each girl has 7 backpacks. In each backpack, there are 7 big cats, for every big cat there are 7 little cats.

Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

This is meant to be a bit of fun. If you figure out the answer, or if you find out the answer in some other way other than figuring it out for yourself, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT HERE. GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO DO THE MATH!!

I will delete any posts that contain the answer. I have a locked spreadsheet at work that can be unlocked with the correct answer. When I get in the office Monday I will attach it and those who figured it out can post their screen name on the spreadsheet. Thanks for playing.

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 79
Only 4 after the lion eats all the little girls and their cats
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, that was easy :p

x2
(maths are generally easy though
tongue.gif
)

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 79
I still remember the answer from the last time I did this. A txt file with the working and solution is on my ftp somewhere too.

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 79
How about the legs of the seats? Or the legs of other people on the bus? (i.e. it wasn't mentioned that there were ONLY 7 girls "in" the bus) Moreover if the girls, cats and backpacks are in the bus, wouldn't they be blended and mixed in with the aluminium or other building materials?

There are so many loopholes in the question...

The answer, if i remember correctly is "Carrots".
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 79
Uh... guys:
Quote:

This is meant to be a bit of fun. If you figure out the answer, or if you find out the answer in some other way other than figuring it out for yourself, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT HERE. GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO DO THE MATH!!

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the legs of the seats? Or the legs of other people on the bus? (i.e. it wasn't mentioned that there were ONLY 7 girls "in" the bus) Moreover if the girls, cats and backpacks are in the bus, wouldn't they be blended and mixed in with the aluminium or other building materials?

There are so many loopholes in the question...

The answer, if i remember correctly is "Carrots".
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree, they could be manx cat's and we all know they only have three legs
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 79
how is this supposed to be difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back