are you reaching your goals?
Mar 4, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

euclid

Headphoneus Supremus
well without getting too personal i have been working towards specific goals for the past few years and while i have not quite reached them yet i feel i am on the right track, i'm posting to see if anyone else looks towards the long-term. what goals have you set for yourself and how much progress have you made?

FWIW in never thought i would be allocating hundreds and at time thousands of dollars toward headphones but in the broader scheme i think its been worth it.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 33
well what was that goal you've been trying to reach? for me is to make 6 figure income. i'm getting there! once i do, i'm gonna get myself a full blown home rig - some k1000 or w5000 to some ridiculously expensive cables to a singlepower or b-52 amp and a nice cd player. i can't wait! but right now i'm more than happy with my portable rig.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 33
One of my goals has always been to get into one of the most competitive art schools in the country and as of now I've reached it
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 33
My goal was to get into one of the best engineering schools in Canada and in the world, University of Waterloo. I got in, but failed first term
smily_headphones1.gif
. Now I am going to college. Yeah so I am pretty much a failure... thanks for your thread... now I wanna go eat some cookies and ice cream and cry myself to sleep...

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 33
Well, me personally, I've met all my goals and objectives that I've set for myself. I've exceeded some of them in fact. I reckon its time to establish some new ones.

Hmmm. Good thread. I need to go think.

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 33
my goal has been just to enjoy my life. its too easy to get caught up in work or financial responsibility and not have any freedom. i'm trying to keep those things seperate from my personal life but its a daily struggle, and getting harder as i get older but i feel im still making progress. i posted this thread b/c i had no obligation to anyone yesterday, i sat around and watched movies.

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #8 of 33
Well I mean I have goals because I want to enjoy life. If I dont end up getting a decent job I wont be able to do some of the stuff I enjoy doing in life. Plus some people are the type of people that need goals to achieve just to feel like their life is worth it.

Mar 4, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 33
About half of them. Some goals I quit on years ago. I've gotten some new ones in the past few months though to make up for those that I've lost.

That Anna Nicole goal is definitely out now.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #10 of 33
Get into BU-check
Internship with the Red Sox-let you know
Work for the Red Sox-let you know
Stay there and graduate-let you know
Black on black Mercedes CLS when I graduate-let you know

I'm on my way.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 33
I had two goals for my life for the past 10 years, which is to graduate from uni and find a decent job. The latter one is done, and I am about two months away from the first.

After those it should be a place for reassessment... marriage and children next? (yeah, I have no imagination).
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #13 of 33
Nope. My main goal is to graduate with a mechanical engineering degree, but that looks less and less likely every day.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well without getting too personal i have been working towards specific goals for the past few years and while i have not quite reached them yet i feel i am on the right track, i'm posting to see if anyone else looks towards the long-term. what goals have you set for yourself and how much progress have you made?

FWIW in never thought i would be allocating hundreds and at time thousands of dollars toward headphones but in the broader scheme i think its been worth it.

I reached goals before.. benched 350 at 17.. Benched 425 as a senior in HS.. My current goals.. Getting off of pain killers..Getting a better job.. My main focus is now on audio.. I want to lose myself in audio..I think for another 3,000 I will be almost there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back